February 3, 2020
Dear Redwood Heights Parents and Caregivers,
Every year, OUSD administers an anonymous survey called The California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS) to all parents or caregivers in the district. The survey is the largest statewide survey of resiliency, protective factors, and risk behaviors and has led to a better understanding of the relationship between students’ health behaviors and academic performance.
Here are some examples of the questions asked in the survey:
- My school offers quality instruction
- At this school, discipline is fair
- My child’s cultural background is valued
- My child is safe on the school grounds
- How much of a sense of belonging does your child feel at school?
- How confident are you in your ability to make sure your child’s school meets his or her learning needs?
- How hard or challenging does your child find the academic work at school?
- School staff takes my concerns seriously
It is very important that we hear your voice. Please follow this link to complete the survey online:
A paper survey will be sent home in your student’s backpack in the next few days in case you would prefer to fill it out on paper. Please keep an eye out for it.
Thank you in advance for your participation!
Redwood Heights CHKS Coordinator