Hello RHS Community,
Do you know what's happening tomorrow? A LOT!
- We have 1st Friday Coffee at Aliso Yard in the morning. So stop by during morning drop offs, with your mugs in hand, to say hello to your fellow parents and meet new ones!
- Don't forget to turn in your raffle tickets tomorrow. Look for the person with the sign or send them with your student to give to their teacher.
- Did you have a item or service (tax-deductible) to donate to the Online Auction? Don't forget to submit your donation form! (https://docs.google.com/…/
- Tomorrow afternoon, come back for the VERY LAST Popsicle Sale! Reminisce on the joys of summer and childhood with a Fudgiscle or a giant Firecracker! 4th grade parents will be selling a variety after-school until their coolers are all empty. $2.00/Popiscle to Support the Nature Bridge Trip and to start the weekend to a cool treat!
Want to know more about what's going on for the coming weeks, then read on! And Take Care!
Did you know there are REWARDS to becoming a member of the RHS PTA? is easier than ever! You'll also have access to discounts from partners like Hertz, Quicken Loans and MetLife. So what are you waiting for? Join the RHS PTA now by clicking here: https://jointotem.com/ca/
|Reunification Drill: Wednesday, October 17th from 1-1:30PM. The Student/Caregiver Reunification Procedure used by RHS during an emergency or crisis is a systematic process to assist the school in effectively and efficiently reuniting students and caregivers. The drill is an opportunity to pick up your child by practicing the systematic process. You will benefit from becoming familiar with the procedure during a drill rather than in the aftermath of an emergency. Picking your child up by using this process is voluntary on the day of the drill. This drill does not affect after school programs or plans. Mark your calendars and keep an eye out on the Konstella calendar to sign up and be a part of this very important emergency drill! Not only will we need caregivers to pick up their children through the process, we need parents to volunteer to help facilitate the drill.|
COMFORT KITS: If you haven't already, please create a comfort kit for your child to bring to class. The following items in a single Ziploc Bag (size 1-2 gallon) labeled with your child's name, child's teacher, and room number:
- A note and/or family photo to provide comfort to your child in a highly stressful situation where he or she may be separated from family for an extended period of time.
- Non-Perishable Snacks EXCLUDING nut products (ex. 2 granola bars/2fruit roll ups) important if your students are in a lockdown situation and confined to the classroom away from their lunch boxes.
- One Change of Clothing, Underwear, and Socks in case children are unable to return home for several days. Thin base layers work best.
- Travel Pack of Hand Wipes to reduces spreading communicable diseases.
- A Small Flashlight w/ Fresh Batteries, making it easier to use the toilet facilities following a major earthquake which would likely lead to power failure.
*** At a minimum, please include the note/family photo, which is the MOST IMPORTANT COMPONENT of your child's comfort kit, as it cannot be provided by anyone else but you!
FIRST 3 classes to have a complete set of comfort kits will win a PIZZA PARTY hosted by the DISASTER PREPAREDNESS & CRISIS RESPONSE COMMITTEE!
Winners will be announced on Saturday, October 27th, during the Zombie Apocalypse at the Dad's Club Carnival. Stay Tuned for more details or on how to get involved,
or join the DPCR Committee on Konstella.
Want To Help with the Drop off Lane?
You do not need to be fingerprinted or a registered volunteer to help with drop off lane. And your children can help, too!
Drop off lane duty schedule:
October 8th: 5th grade
October 15th: 4th grade
October 22nd: 3rd grade
October 29th: 2nd grade
November 5th: 1st grade
November 12th: Kindergarten
November 19th: FALL BREAK! NO SCHOOL!
This October and November, 5% of every grocery order you place on Good Eggs will go back to Redwood Heights Elementary School!
The first 5 new families to join the fundraiser from our school this week will receive a free flower bouquet.
How to join the fundraiser
1: Visit http://schools.goodeggs.com.
2: Enter the code RHS –– click "Shop Now."
3: Add your groceries to your Good Eggs basket and check out.
New customers get $15 off with this code and if 20 new customers join the fundraiser, the school gets a $500 fundraising bonus.
Terms & details: If you win a flower bouquet, Good Eggs will contact you directly. You must use the code RHS on your order to join the fundraiser. You will see confirmation text that reads "You're supporting Redwood Heights Elementary School!" at checkout. Once you've used the code on an order, it will stick in your basket through the fundraising period –– no need to enter it again
Are you interested in chaperoning for an upcoming field trip? Don't forget that to get your volunteer clearance! Here are the steps to complete (make sure you register FIRST):
- Register as a school volunteer at The Oakland Education Fund (oaklandedfund.org). Click on the "join us" tab and follow the instructions.
- Bring in a current, negative TB test or screening. They are good for 4 years. Your doctor or Registered Nurse can test you.
- Get fingerprinted. I recommend Red Tomatoes in Oakland because it is the least expensive and they contribute to OUSD.
The Oakland Ed Fund will let you know your clearance status, and you can always ask me to check. Please let me know if you have any questions.
These are definitely "Don't Miss Out" events! Please be on the look out for more information regarding the fun to be had!
Thursday, October 18th from 6:00pm - 7:30pm: General PTA Meeting.
Friday, October 19th: In Lieu of Lincoln's Birthday, NO SCHOOL
Saturday, October 27th from 10:00am - 2:00pm: Dad's Club Fall