What is the School Site Council?
The School Site Council (SSC) is the leadership body of the school responsible for ensuring that our students’ educational needs are met. The Council is composed of parents/caregivers, community members, faculty, and administration. It serves as the central point of school site-based planning and management, and works in collaboration with other school organizations, including the Parent Teacher Association and the Dads' Club.
The SSC is the decision-making body for:
- The school budget (from local, state and federal funding sources)
- Instructional program
- Curriculum in all areas
- Reviewing and approving all programs that affect the instructional goals
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of the School Site Plan called the Single Plan for Student Achievement
How do I know what the SSC is doing?
- The SSC meets on a monthly basis (2nd Tuesday of every month), 5:15-6:30 pm in the RHS Teachers' Lounge (across from the main office), and is open to any interested person
- Meeting agendas are published via Konstella at least one week in advance
- Approved minutes from each SSC meeting are posted by the school's main office and via Konstella
How do I join the SSC?
- Any interested person may attend and participate in SSC meetings and discussions