This past Friday, we had our final PTA general association meeting of the year. It was a wonderful chance to reflect on the year’s accomplishments and the partnership between PTA and Redwood Shores. I thank you all for your support of the programs and students here!
Among many other topics, the issue of school supply purchasing came up; I have to let you all know that we need your help. We currently have a long way to go to meet our fundraising goal.
As you may have already seen or read, we are asking parents for a $50 per child contribution to purchase supplies for the students. The pool of money will be used to purchase supplies through the school for all classrooms. We’re doing this for a few reasons:
- Other schools in the district use this process successfully
- All grade levels and students will start the year with consistent supplies
- We will leverage the purchasing power of the district with business vendors to lower the overall cost
So to clarify:
- Teachers are working with me to generate school supply lists. They will share these lists with front office staff who will then purchase them to distribute to teachers before school starts
- Donating $50 per student is the way in which the school is asking parents to contribute and stock our classrooms; there will be no “supply list” sent out for each grade to parents
- There is no expectation that students bring anything to class on the first day except themselves, their backpacks, and their snack and/or lunch
As of today, we have raised about $6,000 towards our goal of $20,000. This is only 1/3 of the way! So, if you have not yet contributed, please do so as soon as you can. These funds go directly to supplies and then your children work the materials everyday.
This is voluntary, as was stated in previous communications, but in order to purchase the supplies we need for all of our classrooms, we really do need participation from everyone who is able to contribute. THANK YOU to all families who have already donated!
Please consider donating $50/student, or more, if you are able, by doing the following:
- Contribute online through our PTA on Konstella, using this link.
- Please consider writing a check payable to Redwood Shores Elementary School with a note indicating School Supplies Donation Redwood Shores. Drop it off to the front office or mail it to the school front office: Attention Nicky Adam, Redwood Shores Elementary School, 225 Shearwater Parkway, Redwood City CA 94065
P.S. I look forward to enjoying Discovery Day tomorrow. Much appreciation to everyone involved. And, please prepare for drop-off and pick-up traffic!