Spencer Center families,
The PTSO will hold its final meeting for the 2018-2019 school year. This meeting will be held on Tuesday May 7th, 2019 at 6:00 pm, in the cafeteria. We encourage you to attend this meeting to cast your vote for PTSO Board Members and LSDMC Parent Representative for the 2019-2020 school year as well as weigh in an approve the 2019-2020 PTSO budget.
We know that this time of year can be very busy for families with sports in full-swing, yet summer just around the corner. However your presence at this meeting will directly affect the PTSO and LSDMC and how you and your family are represented next school year.
The nomination period for positions is officially closed at this time. The bios of the candidates are attached to this announcement. However, there are still several open positions that we need filled. Please consider attending the meeting and self-nominating your-self from the floor.
If you are interested in self-nomination or have questions about this process, please contact Erin Kelley (firstname.lastname@example.org) The positions that do not have any candidates at this time and will need to be filled by floor nominations include:
- Vice President (2 year commitment, position rolls up to President for 2nd year)
- Recording Secretary
- Assistant Business Manager (2 year commitment, position rolls up to Business Manager for 2nd year)
- Parent and Volunteer Coordinator
- Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator
- Boosters Coordinator
- Student Enrichment Coordinator
- Community Outreach, Engagement and Diversity Coordinator
Please see the attached bylaws for a complete descriptions of officer responsibilities.
Worried about taking on too much responsibility…don’t worry
- the outgoing officers are always here to help
- you can co-chair most offices
- most positions have time commitments set by your ideas
- most positions can be done from home plus about one monthly meeting
- timelines, budgets, and contacts are available for many events
VOTING FOR OFFICERS FOR THE UPCOMING ELECTIONS
In the previous announcement regarding the elections it was stated that voting would be made available via a Google Form for those who are not able to attend the meeting. This option is not necessary and will not occur for the following reasons:
- For the 2 positions with candidates running, (PTSO Communications and Technology Coordinator and LSDMC Parent Representative), the candidates are each running unopposed. These candidates will be voted into their respective positions.
- The unfilled positions can still be filled from nominations from the floor. There are no official candidates at this time and therefore a ballot cannot be created. Voting for nominees from the floor must be voted upon if/when they occur.
Once again, we strongly encourage you to attend this final meeting of the year. Your opinion matters to us, but we ne you present to express it.
Spencer Center PTSO