8th Grade Promotion is an opportunity for us to come together as a Denali community to celebrate the hard work of our rising 9th graders. On this special day, we will formally honor the 8th-grade class in a community ceremony. The ceremony will be held at Baylands Park in Sunnyvale.
Baylands Park Info
- Baylands Park is considered a nature preserve and has very strict rules for what is allowed in the park. Please take note of the following restrictions. We will be strictly enforcing them. The following are NOT allowed in the park at any time: Pets, Kites, Balloons, Styrofoam
Student check-in time:
- 8th graders need to report to graduation by 3:30 pm to check in with their mentors and prepare.
- Parking at Baylands Park costs $6. Please bring exact change for parking or buy your parking pass before the ceremony from Ms. Oseguera at the front desk of Denali
What to bring:
- Your student, proud family and friends, and a dessert to share! There is no limit to how many people may attend from each family. All grades welcome!
- We’ll provide seating and an event photographer to capture the moment when your child walks across the stage, shakes hands and is awarded their diploma.
- Boys: White shirt (preferably collared) and long, dark pants. Clothing should not have any large graphics on the front or back.
- Girls: Same guidelines as boys or they can wear a nice dress/skirt similar to what they would wear to a formal school dance. Keep in mind that Baylands Park is a very windy area and you will want to choose your clothing accordingly.
- Please join us for an informal dessert potluck directly after the ceremony. We’re asking 6th and 7th-grade families to bring a dessert to share. 8th-grade families are invited to as well. Drinks and paper utensils will be provided. You can sign up to bring an item here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yth5ST1KF5tK0d0s81U9td2FrS5vMbY0eGnRielspQc/edit?usp=sharing