We hope you can join us on Thursday, January 25th, from 6:30pm to 8pm at the Weddell campus for Summit Denali's College Info Night. Kristin Hannon, Summit's Director of College Readiness, will join us as well as others from Denali's college team to give an overview of the college process and explain how Summit and parents work together to support students' future college goals. We will also talk about saving for college, because it's never too early to start! The night will feature an overview to the college process followed by breakout sessions to allow you to learn more about specific areas of interest relevant to your family!
All middle and high school families are welcome and encouraged to attend. Translation to Spanish is provided at all Denali events!
The night will begin with a 40-minute general overview for all families. 10th grade families will be invited to a special session during this time as their students prepare to enter the college process next year!
After the overview, we will offer two rounds of 20-minute breakout sessions. The breakout sessions planned are (subject to change):
- Preparing for College Tests: SAT, ACT and the alphabet soup of college admissions!
- Paying for College: How much does it cost, and where's that money going to come from?
- Being a well-rounded Applicants: It's not just about grades and test scores!
- Applying as an undocumented student: All of the supports available for undocumented college applicants!
- Admissions at Highly Selective Colleges: Tips and tricks for students interested in the most selective universities.
- High school at Summit Denali: All about AP's, expeditions, internships, prom and more. What it will be like as a Denali high schooler. (Session designed for current middle school families)
We hope you can join us next Thursday, January 25th from 6:30 to 8pm!
Can't make it? We'll share resources after the event, and check out Denali's college resources one-pager for a good place to start!