Mon, Aug 7 4:10pm
Temecula Valley Council Of PTAs
It was so nice to meet some of you at all of the happenings last week! Here's what's ahead for this week:
- Sat. Aug. 12 - 23rd District Summer Leadership Conference -- We will see you there! (more details below)
- Tues. Aug. 15 - Paperwork Due! [Online Unit President's Report, Annual Report, End-of-Year Adopted Audit (2 copies), Membership Dues, Membership Rosters (2 numbered copies), Agenda & Minutes for July Unit Executive Board Meeting (if one was held)] Please note: All payments must be remitted directly to TVC PTA, they may not be mailed!
Tues. Aug. 15 - TVC PTA Office Hours (10 a.m.-12 p.m. & 5-7 p.m.)
Wed. Aug. 16 - First Day of School!
Thurs. Aug. 17 - TVC PTA Office Hours (10 a.m.-12 p.m. & 5-7 p.m.)
Tues. Aug. 22 - TVC PTA General Association Meeting, 7 p.m. [Monthly Paperwork may be remitted in person at this meeting!] Also, there will be prizes and goodies!
23rd District Training Opportunity!
There is also another fabulous training opportunity on THIS SATURDAY, August 12, 2017 for unit officers if you have been unable to connect with TVC PTA. 23rd District, in conjunction with Riverside Council PTA, is offering a Summer Leadership Conference. This offers position training, financial training, and program training opportunities (this opportunity is similar to TVC PTA's Boot Camp in May.). If you have already attended other training opportunities, or plan to, you do not need to attend the Leadership Conference; however, more information can absolutely be helpful! The cost for this event is $15 at the door.
This is an expense that may be reimbursed by the unit.
If you plan to attend training via the Summer Leadership Conference, please contact TVC PTA to get information specific to Temecula Valley Unified School District and TVC PTA.
- If you are brand-new (or a PTA veteran!) in need of positional training, please email us to make an appointment - we absolutely want you to have the information you need to be successful! PTA is much easier when you know what you are doing!
- Are any units in need of a safe? Financial best practices state that every unit should have a safe for safekeeping of unit funds. If any unit is in need of a safe, please contact Becca Marks-Anderson at President@tvcpta.com
- Please join the TVC PTA Officers group on Facebook if you haven't already. It's just another way to stay informed with TVC happenings, as well as reach out to other PTA units and members for ideas or help.
- IT'S LIVE! We now have an online system where Unit Presidents and Treasurers may request general financial training or cash handling training seminars for their unit. Units must use this form: https://docs.google.com/
forms/d/e/ 1FAIpQLSfp7cxHH2dr2yG9IizrUVLM 4QIvqVTfx5VPpWG0_J6M6fI9sA/ viewform?usp=sf_link (click here.) to make the request. Only requests received through the form will be scheduled.
Have a great week everyone! Enjoy your last week of summer break!