A few words about the TVUSD Color Run policy:
The issue of color runs has come to the forefront recently and seems to have caused a distraction when our focus should be on the children we serve. We understand that there is disappointment caused by this policy change, but the fact of the matter is - this is the new policy.
No color runs took place last week (October 9-13, 2017) in TVUSD schools.
I want to be very clear: every unit is a guest of the school district (TVUSD) and the site it serves. As such, we must comply with their policies; policies that are in place to protect the district, our schools, our units, us, and most importantly, our children. Noncompliance with TVUSD protocols will result in the cessation of PTA operations at your site, in addition to possible further restrictions from California State PTA. How TVUSD chooses to handle violations of these policies outside of PTA is outside of our scope at Council. TVUSD does not answer to us, nor does TVC PTA presume involvement with entities not under our umbrella.
There are several charter schools in Temecula; however, these charter schools have their own governing boards with their own respective insurance protocols and procedures. The liability for their activities and events fall under their own liability coverage limitations, not under TVUSD.
We at Council will always do our absolute best to support our units, answer your questions, and quell your concerns; the best way for us to do this is to contact us directly with these concerns. If you still have concerns, questions or inquiries, we invite you to contact us directly via email, phone, or scheduling an appointment.
Vice President of Communication
Temecula Valley Council of PTAs
- TOMORROW! Thurs. Oct. 19 - Office Hours, TVC PTA Office, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and 5-7 p.m.
- Mon. Nov. 6 - TVC Reflections Awards Gala, 6 p.m. at the Golden Bear Theater.
- Tues. Nov. 28 - TVC PTA General Association Meeting, 7 p.m., TVUSD Conference Rooms A-C
- Still need some financial training? Use our online system to request general financial training or cash handling training seminars for your unit. Units must use this form: https://docs.google.com/
forms/d/e/ 1FAIpQLSfp7cxHH2dr2yG9IizrUVLM 4QIvqVTfx5VPpWG0_J6M6fI9sA/ viewform?usp=sf_link to make the request. Only unit presidents or treasurers may make the request.
- PLEASE! PLEASE take a minute to fill out our vendor survey for vendors that you have worked with (both good and bad!). We are trying to create a database of trustworthy vendors in our region that we can all benefit from. Here is the link: https://goo.gl/forms/ 2jCnTJ0cQh7wF7J93
- Just a reminder-- We've officially rolled out our new UNIT POINTS SYSTEM. It's our way to reward units for remaining in good standing. At the end of the year, we will reward the top THREE elementary schools, the top TWO middle schools, and the top ONE high school with a breakfast or lunch on us! Point totals will be released monthly.
Here are the ways your unit can earn points:
Paperwork Monthly Paperwork Remittance by Due Date (or General Association Meeting) Monthly Membership Remittance Turn in TVUSD ASB/Booster/Parent Group Application Submit Unit Rockstars (via Monthly Presidents’ Report) Adopted Audit Remitted/Attend the Audit Party Taxes Remitted by November 15, with copy forwarded to TVC PTA General Association Meeting 1) President Attend or sending a delegate 2) Additional Board Member (Each) 3) Bonus! Top 3 – President, Treasurer, Secretary in Attendance* Unit Participation Attend Unit Health Assessment (September/April) 1) Bonus! Additional Officers Attend UHA Participation in Reflections Program Participation in Founder's Day Program Unit Excellence!** Training President Attends (or Sends Delegate) Council Training Workshop Transition Planning: Boot Camp Training 1) President-elect, Secretary-elect & Treasurer-elect Attend – 10 points each 2) Additional Officer Attending – 1 or more *Bonus! for General Association Meeting is applicable to November, January, and March General Association Meetings **Additional points may be awarded to units for Unit Excellence – Let us know about those fabulous programs and excellent organization! We want to recognize you! Council may award 5 points monthly.
Thought for the Week:
"If you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." --Conan O'Brien