Hi! I'm happy to announce that the HTA PTO will be doing another Uniform Donation Drive Recycling Program this year - it was a great success last year!
We will start collecting Uniform 'Hand-Me-Downs' on Friday, January 31. If you would like to donate, please send all bags of clothes to the Front Office - there is a sign and laundry basket there, and I will be organizing everything as we collect for the rest of the year.
- Families donate the uniform clothing
- PTO organizes it all by size and type (shirts, shorts, pants, dresses, outerwear)
- In July - MEET THE TEACHER, we set everything up for a "Yard Sale" in the cafeteria - every item is $1
- The PTO is able to start off fundraising for the school with this event and last year, we raised over $1000! (Stock Spirit Wear is also sold at this event.)
- Any and all clothing left over is given to the school nurse for her inventory, provided to families that are fostering kids or in financial difficulties (the district reaches out to us directly with HTA families that we can help by giving them uniform clothing), and to local shelters/charities.
It's a win-win-win! Kids grow so fast, a lot of the clothing that was donated last year was brand new, or in great condition, and different students are able to get a lot of use out of them!
Please let me know if you have any questions!
(The hamper will be in the office for the remainder of the year.)
- Christy Matthews