Per our bylaws, we are publishing the PFC (Parent Faculty Club) Board Slate for the 2020-2021 school year. We will be voting on this slate during our PFC Board Zoom meeting on Monday, May 18 from 5:30-7pm. Everyone is welcome to come to the meeting, where we will also be approving our budget for next year.
Below the slate is a list of the 12 open positions and their descriptions that we need filled including a few key ones like Webmaster, Newsletter Editor, Member at Large (TK-2), Merchant Partnerships, and more.
PFC Board Slate 2020-2021
President: Rex Crum
Secretary: Sarah Abreu
Treasurer: Derek McDonald
VP Communications: Evie Nagy & Erin Proudfoot
VP Community Support: Becky Urbano
VP Education Support: Adimika Arthur
VP Fundraising: Erin Fredrick & Christine Volden
VP Personnel: Rachel Gardunio
Member-at-Large (3-5): Alexis Lavine-Moore
Teachers: Bonnie Forbes & Richard Thompson
Back to School Donation Drive (BSDD): Adrienne Selke & Rianna Stoll
Diversity: Ei-Lun Yokomizo
Enrichment: Teresa Contreras-Chavez
Fall Festival Chairs: Jennifer Anderson & Kelsey Nariani
Hospitality: Catrina Vrankovich
Konstella: Sylvia Sudat
Room Parents Chair: Terri O’Connor
Site/Safety: Darin Chin
Spirit Wear: Kay Chinn & Nisan Perera
Sustainability: Elyse Bart
Technology: Andrew Smith
TK/Kindergarten Co-Chairs: Melissa Kellenberger and Kate Quigley
Traffic: Christa Pennacchio
PFC Open Positions
We have the following PFC positions open and we would absolutely LOVE to have you join our team. Have questions? Reach out to the current person holding the position or anyone on the executive committee. We'd really - truly - love to tell you all about it.
We have one more position to fill on our Executive Committee:
- Member-at-Large (TK-2): Serves on the Board to represent and liaison with the general school community. Members-at-large may help lead special projects.
We have some (also, super-key) positions to fill on our PFC Board:
- 5th Grade Chair: Organizes any 5th grade fundraisers and coordinates some 5th grade activities.
- Auditor: Performs a biannual audit of all financial transactions, may prepare and file tax forms, and provides occasional financial advice and opinion.
- Auction Co-Chairs: Organizes the school's main fundraiser with a team of volunteers.
- Dads Club: Coordinates volunteers for Dads Club events. Encourages dads' participation in the school.
- Grants & Solicitations: Seeks grants that will benefit the school and prepares the grant applications.
- Merchant Partnerships: Coordinates merchant give-back programs and promotes give-back programs through various communication channels.
- Newsletter: Responsible for regular layout, publication, and distribution (via email) of the weekly newsletter based on information received from the board members, principal, parents, and teachers.
- Parliamentarian: Gives instructions in parliamentary procedure when needed at meetings. Makes sure the PFC follows our bylaws.
- Readathon: Works with Librarian to launch/coordinate this reading fundraiser.
- Spring Walkathon: Organizes this spring fundraiser with a team of volunteers.
- Webmaster: Maintains and updates school website (including calendar and posting newsletter). Ensures website content is updated at the beginning and regularly throughout the school year.
Thank you for volunteering your time with your PFC!