As you know, raising funds to maintain our wonderful school is an ongoing effort, but most of that effort constitutes genuine fun with the pinnacle of that fun happening every spring at the Annual Benefit Auction Party - this year on March 23, 2024.
And a highlight of the annual auction is our Hosted Parties (keep reading to learn more about them). Historically, our Hosted Party season kicks off in the spring prior to the Auction Benefit, but this year the idea is to extend party season through the school calendar year!
So, consider this an open call for party hosts. And please note: you do not have to be an experienced party planner or party animal (i.e. extrovert) to hold a successful Hosted Party!
How does it work?
Parties are organized by a Thornhill parent or family, a group of parents or by our teachers. Hosts share the cost of putting together their event and guests buy tickets to attend with all proceeds going to the Thornhill Parent Faculty Club (PFC) to support school programming.
What are some good Hosted Party ideas?
You name it! Parties can be big or small. They can be for parents only or just for the kids. And they don’t have to actually constitute a “party” but instead an informative gathering. Here are a few ideas that have been successful in the past as well as a few new suggestions. Starting party season in November also opens up possibilities for holiday-themed gatherings.
- Holiday cookie decorating or craft-making
- Cultural fests (last year’s Holi celebration was a blast!)
- Nail salon soiree (one for pre-holiday season, one for pre-summer season)
- Game night at Taps ‘n Takeout
- Cooking classes - for kids or adults
- MasterClass-style learning events - share your expertise for a good cause
- TK/K teddy bear tea party
- Make your own “Thornhill Class of 2024” T-shirt
- Catered dinner party in your home or a hosted private dinner with wine pairings
- Holiday celebration (one for kids, one for parents)
- Neighborhood scavenger hunt
- Virtual parties, like cocktail tastings, escape rooms
- Moms’ movie night, family game night
- Kickball tournament
- Celebrate summer pool party
Hosted Parties are a great way to meet other Thornhill families and to raise much needed money for the ones we care deeply about – our kids. Past year’s parties raised more than $40,000 for Thornhill programs.
Let's kick off the first parties of the year!
Celebrate seasonal delights with this adults only, Winter Wreathmaking Party.
Come celebrate Diwali, the joyous festival of lights! Families welcome.
Want to host?
Email email@example.com with the host name(s), event date and a description of the party, maximum or minimum number of guests (if applicable). And if you don’t have all the specifics but just a willingness to host something, email anyway! We are happy to help you get started, connect you with other families to co-host an event, or answer any questions regarding this fundraiser.
We look forward to party planning with you!
Laura Borrman and Samantha Grice
Hosted Parties Coordinators