Thanks to everyone who created their pages, has been reading a ton, and has raised money to support our library and school!
We have collectively read more than 78,000 minutes and reached our $10,000 mark. Together we can meet - and even exceed! - our $15,000 goal.
- PARTICIPATION CHALLENGE: Who has two thumbs and l-o-v-e-s macaroni and cheese? The classroom that has the MOST participation of readers will have a lunch party catered by Homeroom.
- FUNDRAISING CHALLENGE: What’s for lunch? The class who raises the most through the Read-a-Thon will win a pizza party!
- ALL-STAR CHALLENGE: Fifty students who really stand out from across the school – from the number of minutes they read to the funds they raised to really giving it their all and putting in an incredible effort – will get a special treat party with our very own librarian, Mrs. Fox! Thanks to Flavor Brigade for donating delicious Italian ice for this very special treat!
Mrs. Dalloways bookstore will be at Thornhill on the morning of Monday April 15th from 8-8:30am, selling Judd Winick's books (author of HiLo), which can be signed by the author. Please join us for coffee and treats, and buy a book with 20% of sales going back to Thornhill! See the order form here.
Our current standings are:
- Class with most participation: Ms. Van Ostrand at 92%
- Class with most funds raised: Ms. Holman at $1600
- Class with most minutes read: Ms. Gustafson at over 10,000 minutes!
Teachers are ready to perform their promised challenges! Ms. Novak will walk on her hands and Ms. Gustafson will have a pie thrown in her face. If we meet our 15K goal, Ms. Fox will have an ice bucket dumped on her head - and if we exceed our goal, Mr. Daubenspeck will dye his hair!!!
So keep up the great work, Thornhill, let's do this! The Read-a-thon ends on Friday, April 19.
Marie Fox, Angela Engel & Adimika Arthur