Mon, Feb 25 12:49pm
Dear Thornhill Parents,
As the strike continues into this week, we realize that it will become more challenging for parents to figure out backup care for their kids without crossing the picket line. As of now, the Solidarity School is at capacity, so we will unfortunately not be able to accept any additional enrollment.
We would like to ask a few things of our community:
-If your child is currently enrolled and you do not intend to send your child, please visit the attendance worksheet and edit your attendance. Alternatively, you may also email: email@example.com to notify.
-If your child is currently enrolled and you have the means or flexibility, please consider some of the alternatives noted below instead of using the Solidarity School this week.
-If you are not enrolled and need care, please see the list below for other options.
-We will start a waitlist, located here for anyone who would like to be on-call.
- Mini-Solidarity School: you can host a solidarity school in your own home by coordinating with other parents. If five parents each take 1 day, they can cover the full week. Parents will coordinate among themselves.
- There are a number of camps that are open and relatively affordable. We do not have a comprehensive list but a good way to search is to join the OEA Parents Supporting Teachers Facebook page. Here are a few camps that I personally know about:
- FCC (First Covenant Church)
- La Plazita
- Kids n Dance
- Lakeshore Children's Center
- Oakland Rec is hosting sites across the city, see here for locations.
Thanks to everyone for their patience and understanding.
Thornhill Solidarity School Committee