Everyone in the Thornhill community is invited to our School Site Council (SSC) Meeting over Zoom!
The main topic of this meeting will be hearing from Principal Daubenspeck about Thornhill's SBAC academic scores. We will also be reviewing the SPSA as needed, reviewing Mr. Daubenspeck's OUSD budget, electing one additional parent, and have an opportunity for public input.
Minutes from the October 2022 meeting are attached.
What is a School Site Council (SSC)?
As mandated by the state of California, every school must have an SSC. The Thornhill SSC is an elected body (by the Thornhill community) made up of 10 people:
- Principal (1)
- Non-teacher school personnel (1)
- Teachers (3)
- Parent/Community Group Members (5)
What does an SSC do?
The major responsibilities of an SSC are to:
- Review student academic achievement data (SBAC, etc.)
- Review implementation of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) and modify as needed throughout the year (Thornhill's 2022-23 SPSA)
- Develop and approve the 2022-23 SPSA budget (Thornhill's latest budget)
- Review school safety and climate plan (School Safety Plan)
- Monitor Title 1 funding expenditures
We sincerely hope to see you on Zoom!