Hello everyone and Happy New Year!
We had a great brainstorming session in December for our 2021 (Virtual) Benefit Auction (see the notes at the bottom) and are ready for more great ideas as well as talking a bit of detail about our current ideas. From that December meeting, we came up with idea of hosting a Dungeons & Dragons virtual game with Coach Johnson - which raised $750 over the break for Thornhill! We need more of these "easy big money" ideas!!
Can you donate just an hour of your time on Wednesday? You do not need to come with ideas - just come listen and lend your thoughts. While we obviously love to see everyone's shining faces, we want you as well with your video off over Zoom! Whatever it takes to get you there. :)
That is right - we only need you for an hour to help generate creative fundraising ideas. All are very welcome and invited! New families too!
The meeting will be one hour on Wednesday, January 6 from 7-8 pm. Please RSVP here in this Konstella calendar entry.
Meeting ID: 898 2855 5777
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415.971.3559.
Parent of 2nd Grader Chance Hiersoux, Room 10 Mrs. Whalen
Thoughts from the December Brainstorming Session
- Baskets: If we get a bunch of smaller items donated, we can group in a basket and/or have "Buy It Now" smaller baskets.
- Services: Hair salon, spa service, etc. We would want the expiration date to be in 2022.
- Vacation Homes/Trips: with a late expiration date in 2022.
- Virtual Classes for kids or adults: D&D party, Slime Making Party, Baking, Cooking, Whiskey/Wine/Beer Tasting - looking for current Thornhill parents with expertise in any of these areas to donate their time for free and people buy into the Hosted Virtual Party.
- Virtual Community Events: Over Zoom, host community events with a theme - music, costumes, DJ Noah, etc.
- Socially Distanced In Person Classes: Learn to Skate, Playing Tennis, etc.
- See's Candy Fundraiser: Everyone buys their own online and Thornhill gets a portion. Maybe before Valentines Day?
- Mac Barnett Book Club (he lives in Oakland)