Wear your sneakers and pump up your bike tires... Wednesday 10/2 is International Walk and Bike to School Day!
How can you participate?
Walk or bike to school, or if you live too far, park a bit further away than normal and get an extra walk in while emphasizing pedestrian safety! Come by the tables at the bike racks and in the center quad for stickers, bike maps, safety tips and more!
Teachers will take a poll at the start of class to see how many kids participated-- the room with the most participants wins the GOLDEN SNEAKER AWARD for the year!
- Use crosswalks and sidewalks
- Stop, Look, and Listen
- Make eye contact with drivers before stepping into the street
- Wear helmets on bikes, skateboards, and scooters
- Bike on the right side of the road, go the same direction as cars
- Be visible with lights and reflective clothing
- Parents: Drive with Street Smarts in the 20 MPH school zone