Hello Artists and WAE Community!
We invite you to join us at the annual Walnut Acres Elementary Art Show reception this Thursday, March 14th from 6-8pm. Our talented artists have been hard at work at home and in the classroom. The show will feature work by every student, with individual submissions and class art awareness projects from every teacher. Every student will be represented. Please join us for this incredible evening supporting the artist in all of us!
Is Your Student Submitting Art Work? Please read below for important details.
- Drop off your artwork BEFORE school in the MUR on Wednesday March 13th
- Artwork must be ready to display: artwork in frames need to have hangers on the back of the frame. Artwork not in frames will be taped to the walls.
- All artwork needs to include a label with a 3” x 5” index card and include the following: Title, medium, artist’s name, grade and teacher.
- Art Reception from 6-8pm on Thursday, March 14th
- Pick-up artwork in the MUR on Friday, March 15th anytime before school through the EOD. Art will be on the stage for individual pick-up.
We are still looking for volunteers for set-up day on Wednesday, March 13th and *Bakers to bring treats to the reception. Please go to the sign-up if you are able to help out!
*Bakers, please label any treats that contain nuts and label your plate/tray with your name on it so it can be returned. Treats can be dropped off in the morning on Thursday, 3/14 in the teachers lounge or after school but PLEASE label them for the Art Show so they don't get gobbled up. You can also bring directly to the evening show at 6pm.
Katie Reed & Sarah Lee