Please review the following guidelines to help keep the Drive-Thru area safe! Thanks to Sarah Waters and Cathy Canillas for organizing morning greeters and further clarifying these guidelines.
We are all responsible for a safe drive-thru area at school.
The drive-thru exists to facilitate the smooth and safe student drop off in the morning (7:40 am-8:00 am) and pick up in the afternoon (2:30 pm-2:50 pm). In the morning, parent volunteers direct the traffic, open car doors, and greet students. In the afternoon, the drivers are responsible for safe pick ups.
- Drive carefully and slowly.
- Pedestrians and bicyclists should walk around the parking lot and drive-thru area using the side walks and cross walk. Please do not cross through the parking lot or drive-thru area. Bicycles should be walked through campus.
- Please do not park in the staff parking lot, red zones or cross-walks. Cars parked illegally may be ticketed. The staff parking lot shall not be used as a loading/unloading zone, extra parking, or a cut through.
- Stop at the stop signs. Pedestrians have the right-of-way.
- Please do not leave vehicles unattended in the drive-thru. This applies all day. The only exception is when you pick up a child from the office during school hours due to illness or a medical appointment. It is then permissible to park your car for a few minutes in the drive-thru.
- Morning drop-off is 7:40-8:00am.
- Please respect and follow the directions of the volunteers.
- Have your children exit curbside and ONLY where there is a volunteer. Children should be ready to exit the car when you pull up. (Backpack ready and goodbyes said, then exit for a great day).
- If you have already dropped off your student, please do not pass around cars dropping off in front of you. Please do not drive through the staff parking lot. Wait for the line to move and exit the parking lot as you entered.
- Please refrain from stopping and waiting to watch your child walk to class. This may hold up the line unnecessarily. If you want to make sure your child gets to class, please park your car on the street and walk them in.
The drive-thru is not staffed in the afternoon. You are responsible for following all safety guidelines when picking up your children in the drive-thru between 2:30 pm -2:50 pm.
Kindergarten Drop-off and Pick-up:
Kindergarten parents may park in the drive-thru for a few minutes to pick up their child as long as it is outside of the school-wide drop off (7:40 am-8:00 am) and pick up (2:30 pm-2:50 pm) times. Please do not leave your cars unattended in the care line on Wednesdays, because the entire school has early dismissal.