Bring the whole family to "travel around the world" at the Walnut Acres International Fair on Friday from 4-7:30pm! More than 60 families will be representing 37 countries and showcasing the rich cultural diversity of our school community. Not only is this a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and help teach our kids about acceptance and inclusivity, but it is also a chance to connect with our wonderful school community and make some new friends.
- Stop at the check-in table when you arrive to pick up a map of the world to track the countries you visit, activity pages, educational resources and an international recipe book (1 recipe book per family).
- Many of our country hosts are graciously providing samples of food to try. They will have ingredient lists available for those with allergy concerns.
- No need to cook dinner! There will be 2 food trucks (King Gyro & Kabob and Los Cardenas) with Mediterranean, Mexican and Filipino food available to purchase (credit card or cash)
- Be sure to bundle up because it may be a chilly evening!
- Performances begin at 6pm and include a Chinese song, Irish dancers, a Kung Fu demonstration, Indian dance and many more!
Friday is Earth Day, and we are working with our Recycling and Sustainability Club to limit our landfill waste. Each booth will have a compost box, and there will be multiple recycling and trash stations located around the event. Please do your best to dispose of your waste in the correct bins.
We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow afternoon!
~Your International Fair Team
Questions? Contact Susan Heffran at email@example.com