Come to the annual Walnut Acres
Ice Cream Social!
Friday, Aug 24 from 6 - 8 pm
Walnut Acres Courtyard
Join your friends, old and new, for this annual Back to School tradition! This is a fun opportunity to reconnect with Walnut Acres families, to meet new ones, and for your kids have fun hanging out with their buddies.
Here's the scoop:
- The Ice Cream is generously donated by the Walnut Acres Childrens' Center. Thank you WACC!
- The Northgate High School Marching Band will perform at about 6:45 pm. They will play a few songs and typically lead the kids in a parade of sorts around the school grounds.
- We encourage kids (and parents!) to wear any Walnut Acres Spirit Wear they have. Wear it to school on Friday, too, to get in the Ice Cream Spirit!
- You will have a final opportunity to order this year's Spirit Wear and Emergency Food Kits. For a different look at this year's choices, check out Spirit Wear options! The last day to order these items online is Saturday, August 25. (This is so we can submit the order and deliver them to students by mid-September.) Cash/check orders accepted at the Social; credit card orders must be done online via the Konstella link.
- And, if you have not had a chance, you may also make your Jaguar Fund Donation at the social.
- The weather forecast is about 80 degrees - perfect for ice cream! Bring a sweater, though, as it might get chilly at the end of the evening.
- We know some of you will be coming from Foothill after soccer practices - we'll make sure we have plenty of ice cream for those who arrive a little later. Please be careful of the Cedro traffic as you make your way from Foothill to Walnut Acres.
- We still need some more volunteers to bring sundae toppings and to help scoop ice cream! Sign up here if you can donate toppings and/or help scoop for 30 minutes. Any help cleaning up at the end of the evening will also be greatly appreciated! :) Thank you to those of you who have already signed up to help!
We look forward to a fun evening! Thank you and happy back to school!
Courtney Wasserman and Cathy O'Sullivan, Ice Cream Social Planners
Questions? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org