Hi Walnut Acres Families,
Keep Calm, and, well, Jaguar On. And that’s just what we have been doing for the first six weeks of school! I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to our hardworking teachers, supportive staff, committed volunteers, generous families, and of course, our very adaptable students.
Teachers & Staff
Our teachers have been so dedicated and hardworking during our transition to distance learning! And they are doing it in style. It’s inspiring to hear that kindergarten has a theme each week (think ‘argh’ pirates), the third grade will have Caine’s Arcade, and classes are holding virtual field trips, music and library. And coming soon, virtual STEM and Science labs. Thanks to your donations, our STEM & Science lab staff are sponsored by the PFC! And thank you to the supportive WA staff working so hard behind the scenes to make distance learning run smoothly.
Thank you to everyone who has supported the Walnut Acres PFC so far this year! It’s frustrating to all of us on the PFC Board to miss out on fun activities like the Back to School Coffee and the Ice Cream Social, but safety comes first, and we are still working hard to support our children’s education! Read on to find out what we financially support during distance learning.
For the 2020-21 School Year:
- Our goal is to raise over $250,000.
- Of that goal, over $215,000, or 86% of your donations, goes to cover PFC-sponsored 2020-21 staffing costs.
- Another $25,000 or so goes to curriculum support, which includes WA print shop costs, instructional training, instructional supplies, online subscriptions and teacher classroom supplies.
- For more details, feel free to visit the 2020/2021 Approved PFC Budget.
How Are We Doing So Far?
- We have three large fundraisers this year- Jaguar Fund ($180,000), Read-a-thon ($30,000) and Walk-a-thon ($25,000).
- Plus our ‘small but mighty fundraisers’ like Book Fair, Dine & Donate, Shop & Earn and Spiritwear.
- For Jaguar Fund, our largest fundraiser, we have raised about 45% of our goal, 60% if you count future monthly installments.
We Have a Ways to Go! But We Can Do It!
If you haven’t donated to Jaguar Fund, please go to: DONATE NOW.
- Our goal is 100% participation. We suggest $650 per student, but please give what you can!
- Reminder that we have a monthly payment option
- To find out if your employer will match your donation, visit our PFC website.
- Any questions about the Jaguar Fund can be directed to email@example.com.
Stay healthy and safe as we head into fall. I look forward to seeing you by Zoom at our next PFC meeting, 7pm on Tuesday, October 20, 2020. And please feel free to reach out to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.
Walnut Acres Elementary PFC President