Dear Walnut Acres Families,
How fast January is going by. Hope your 2020 is off to a great start. Below are some reminders about ways you can help our children be safe, Kindergarten registration, and the PFC Survey.
Walnut Acres Pick-up and Drop-off Rules for Student Safety
Please drive s-l-o-w-l-y, especially on rainy days. To keep our students safe while being dropped off and picked up at our busy site, the following rules are in place:
- Parents will drop off and pick-up students only at the yellow, unloading zone curb. There is no parking at this curb. (This rule is designed to maintain the flow of traffic at busy times of day.)
- Passengers are to exit vehicles on the curbside. (This rule is designed to keep children safe and car doors attached to cars.)
- Parents will not double-park in turn-about. (This rule is designed to maintain traffic flow and ensure students are not walking between unloading vehicles to get to sidewalk.)
- Parents will not drop-off or pick-up students in the staff parking area. (This rule is designed to ensure that students are not walking across a busy pathway and between unloading vehicles to get to the school sidewalk.)
- Parents will not park in teacher-designated parking spots and avoid handicapped spots, unless handicapped. (This rule is designed to ensure that teachers have a place to park and vehicle access in our very confined parking lot. It will also ensure that we remain handicapped-accessible.)
- Parents or a designated adult will supervise play after school. (This rule is designed to protect children from harm or abduction.)
- Parents will observe that children play on blacktop, field, and play structures, NOT behind classrooms or sheds. (This rule is designed to keep children viewable to keep them safe and avoid high noise levels and distractions to classes in session.)
No Dogs on Campus
This is another reminder to leave your four-legged family member at home. In addition to allergy concerns, we cannot be certain how a dog would “act out or react” and the situation could spiral quickly out of control. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.
KINDERGARTEN & TK REGISTRATION FOR 2020-2021
TK and Kindergarten registration day will be held on Tuesday, February 4, 2020 in the school Library. Registration is by appointment only. Appointments can be made after Kindergarten Orientation the evening of February 3, 2020 through SignUpGenius.
Orientation for parents of incoming Kindergarten and TK students will be held at 6:00 pm on Monday, February 3rd. Registration appointments will be open after Orientation at approximately 7:00 pm at signupgenius.com.
Students born between 9/2/2015 and 12/2/2015 are eligible for TK. Students born between 9/2/2014 and 9/1/2015 will be registered for Kindergarten. (Students born between 9/2/2013 and 9/1/2014 will enter 1st grade, even if they have not attended Kindergarten). Please check out our Walnut Creek Acres Elementary website for more info.
No Playing on the Big Playground After Kindergarten Dismissal
After picking up your kindergarten child during dismissal, please do not hang out or play on the big play structure and playground as first through fifth graders are still in session until 2:30 or 2:40. We would like to keep the noise level to a minimum. Furthermore, PE classes may take place on the blacktop. You may wait for your child at the picnic tables or in front of A-1 and A-2. Thanks for your cooperation.
If you have not already, please complete the PFC survey but clicking HERE. The results of this survey will assist the PFC in making budget and fundraising decisions as well as the best ways to communicate to the families. Your input is important.
1/28 Fourth and Fifth Grade Instrumental Music Performance, 6:30- 7:15PM, MUR
1/30 Third Grade Performance, “Go Fish,” 7:00- 7:45 PM
2/03 Kindergarten Orientation, 6:00- 7:00PM, MUR
2/04 Kindergarten Registration, 9:00- 11:00AM, 1:00- 3:00PM, Library
2/10 No School for Students, Teacher Work Day
2/14 and 2/17 No School, Presidents Holiday