Walnut Acres “Moving on Up Parade!”
Tomorrow the staff will be hosting two parades.
PARADE #1: 2:15-3:00. This parade is a 5th grade only parade, to celebrate all of their hard work, and their promotion to middle school!
PARADE #2: 3:00-4:30. This celebration parade is for all of our TK-4th grade Walnut Acres students.
*To help minimize traffic back-ups, there will be arrival windows for TK-4th grade families based on the first letter of your last name:
Last names A-H arrive at 3:00pm
Last names I-P at 3:30pm
Last names Q-Z at 4:00pm.
(Example: If your name is John Doe, you can come anytime between 3:00-3:30pm. If your name is Jane Purple, you can come anytime between 3:30-4:00pm.)
Everyone is encouraged to decorate your cars, create posters, and wear Walnut Acres spirit wear! This will be a fun opportunity for students and teachers to see each other, wave, and give their end of year congratulations and shout outs.
RULES: ALL participating families must comply to:
- NO bikes allowed, and you may NOT walk through the parade.
- Cars MUST ENTER the parking lot from Cerezo Drive, via Ebano Drive. NO left turns into the parking lot. See maps below
- Everyone MUST follow social distancing guidelines at all times
- Everyone (adults and kids 12+) must wear face masks
- Parents and students must stay in their cars at all times
- Parents MUST EXIT the parking lot and turn right. NO left turns out of the parking lot.
- Parents must keep moving and may NOT stop their vehicle along the route
- No items or gifts can be exchanged between teachers and families during the parade
Please see the attached map for the parade route and important reminders. Thanks in advance for your participation and support!