Recycling Fundraiser at Drop Off, Oct. 2-6th
All next week at morning drop-off we are collecting CRV-labeled aluminum cans and plastic bottles. A Walnut Acres parent, Mike Jahnke, led this effort successfully last year with the kindergarten classes and we are now trying it school-wide.
Drive-Thru Safety: This area exists to facilitate the smooth and safe drop off and pick up of students in a timely manner. In the morning, parent volunteers direct the traffic, open car doors, and greet students. Please follow these guidelines:
- Drive carefully and slowly. Respect the directions of the volunteers.
- There is to be NO pedestrian traffic in the drive-thru. Parents are not allowed to walk their children from Cerezo Drive through the staff parking lot. This is extremely hazardous.
- Drop off children ONLY where there is a volunteer. Children should be ready to exit the car when you pull up. (Backpack ready and goodbyes said, then exit for a great day).
- If you already dropped off your student, please don’t pass cars which are still dropping off or drive through the staff parking lot.
- Do not park in the staff parking lot.
- Stop at the stop signs. Remember pedestrians have the right-of-way, especially when they are our children.
- DO NOT LEAVE VEHICLES UNATTENDED IN THE DRIVE-THRU. This applies all day.
Thanks for all that you do!