Jag Day is TODAY, 4-7pm! Remember to update Homelink and bring your printed emergency contact cards in order to receive your class assignments (assistance and a limited number of ipads will be available on campus if you have issues, but the process will be much faster if completed ahead of time).
Receive your child’s class assignment, learn about PFC programs and fundraisers, check out local community activities, stuff your bellies, catch up with your friends and have some fun! At Jaguar Day you can:
- Find out your child’s class assignments
- Feast on lobster rolls, quesadillas, grilled cheese (avoid the lines and order using the Cousins Maine Lobster app during the event) and ice cream at the Cousins Maine Lobster and the Mister Softee food trucks (Bonus! A portion of the proceeds will be donated back to Walnut Acres)
- Have your kids create backpack charms, bracelets and custom buttons at the crafting tables
- Bring a book you are done reading and pick up a new one at our “Bring-a-Book, Take-a-Book” table
- Dance and listen to music from a live DJ (and Walnut Acres parent Aaren Cook)!
- Take fun photos at the photo backdrop with our school year theme “Together We Shine”
- Watch martial arts and aerial arts performances on the grass (4pm) and dance performance on the blacktop (4:45pm, 5:30pm and 6pm)
- Get fingerprinted to help volunteer in a Walnut Acres classroom this school year or chaperone field trips. Complete the attached form and bring with a government-issued ID. Sign-ups and additional information were sent in a separate Konstella message.
- Contribute to the Jaguar Fund if you have not already done so online
- Check out the new Walnut Acres Spirit Wear
- Sign up for parent volunteer positions including Room Parent (this year, room parents will be randomly chosen from everyone who signs up. It will not be first-come as it was in the past), Art Awareness, Library and more.
- Purchase eco-friendly products and back-to-school items from PlanetRenu.
- Find out about After School Music Classes, Enrichment Programs, local sports leagues and classes, CUYT Theater Productions, Girl and Boy Scout programs, the Sustainability Club, and more.
- Learn about the Walnut Acres Children's Center Before/After School Program and complete your care contracts.
- And most importantly, catch up with your friends and make some new ones because Together We Shine!
JAGUAR DAY SCHEDULE
Tuesday, August 9th from 4:00 pm to 7:00pm
Your Jaguar Day experience begins at the Multi-Use Room (MUR) entrance on Wiget Lane. We encourage everyone to attend the entire event so they can watch the performances, feast on the yummy food, check out all of the info tables and catch up with their friends. In an attempt to keep lines manageable, we created grade level groupings for to receive your teacher assignment from the MUR.
Teacher Assignment pickup times:
Grades TK, K & 2: 4:00 - 4:30 pm
Grades 1 & 3: 4:30 - 5:15 pm
Grade 4 & 5: 5:15 - 6:00 pm
All Grades: 6:00 - 6:45 pm
Note: If you have children in multiple grades, you can obtain your classroom assignments all at once.
Class assignment pick-up ends at 6:45; other activities end at 7:00