Walnut Acres “Moving on Up Parade!”
Monday, June 1st
Hello, Walnut Acres Families! While we have been Sheltering-in-Place for over two months now, the 2019-20 school year is coming to a close. The educational staff of Walnut Acres has been brainstorming for ideas on how to end the year with some amazing school spirit, and a way for teachers to recognize and connect with their wonderful students and families.
Building off the success of our neighborhood teacher car parade we had in March, we would like to have students and their families do a drive through parade in the parking lot of Walnut Acres. This parade is a celebration of all Walnut Acres students that are “Moving on Up!” to the next grade.
One June 1st, the staff will be hosting two parades. The first parade will be from 2:15-3:00, and this is a fifth grade only parade, to celebrate all of their hard work, and their promotion to middle school! Parade two will be from 3:00-4:30, and will be a celebration parade for all of our TK-4th grade Walnut Acres students.
*Fifth grade students and their families arrive from 2:15 to 3:00.
*To help minimize traffic back-ups, there will be arrival windows for TK-4th grade families based on the first letter of your last name:
Last names A-H arrive at 3:00pm
Last names I-P at 3:30pm
Last names Q-Z at 4:00pm.
(Example: If your name is John Doe, you can come anytime between 3:00-3:30pm. If your name is Jane Purple, you can come anytime between 3:30-4:00pm.)
The teachers and staff are excited about seeing their students in person, and we hope many of you will be able to participate! Everyone is encouraged to decorate your cars, create posters, and wear Walnut Acres spirit wear! This will be a fun opportunity for students and teachers to see each other, wave, and give their end of year congratulations and shout outs.
Here are the rules that ALL participating families must comply to:
- We know many WA families live close to school and can easily walk or bike to this event. But there will be NO bikes allowed, and you may NOT walk through the parade.
- Cars MUST ENTER the parking lot from Cerezo Drive, via Ebano Drive. NO left turns into the parking lot. See maps below
- Everyone MUST follow social distancing guidelines at all times
- Everyone (adults and kids 12+) must wear face masks
- Parents and students must stay in their cars at all times
- Parents MUST EXIT the parking lot and turn right. NO left turns out of the parking lot.
- Parents must keep moving and may NOT stop their vehicle along the route
- No items or gifts can be exchanged between teachers and families during the parade
While we would like so much to hug each of our graduates personally, social distancing guidelines dictate otherwise. We will be limited to giving big smiles and loud cheers. Please see the attached map for the parade route and important reminders. Thanks in advance for your participation and support!
Principal Luong and the Walnut Acres Teachers and Staff