What's Happening at Walnut Acres - February 1, 2022
Mark Your Calendars!
2/10 - Science Fair
2/15 - PFC Meeting on Zoom 7pm
2/18 - School Recess - No School
2/21 - President's Day - No School
3/18 - PFC Auction Gala
For the entire calendar, please see: PFC Key Dates 2021-2022
* * * * *
Help make the Auction Gala a success!
You've bought your tickets, now is your chance to plan something incredible: help us secure an exclusive experience or a great deal that will be the highlight of this year’s live auction gala – Studio 54: Bringing Back the Magic - to benefit Walnut Acres!
The success of this fundraising event depends upon gathering donations from our community that get folks excited about bidding, and we need your help.
Here are easy ideas that could make a big impact:
Do you have:
- Season tickets to a sporting event or theatrical/musical performance?
- Access to a vacation home or timeshare that could be auctioned for a week or weekend getaway?
- Membership at a winery for a private tasting or country club for a VIP round of golf?
- Sitting on a stockpile of points for airfare or hotel nights? We can put these together to create a getaway experience that will attract high bids!
By donating one of these priceless experiences to auction, you’ll be helping raise much needed funds to provide education support and enrichment services!
Simply fill out the online donation form. Anyone can access, so please share the link with your contacts who may be able to help. Additional information is available on the PFC website. And if you have a donation connection but aren’t sure how to get to the next steps, contact auction@
* * * * *
Do you live close to Walnut Acres? Do you like to host parties?
First: We have one interested family and need two more to host the 2022 Wine Walk! We'd like to bring back this outdoor event to support the upcoming Auction. If you are interested, please email Audrey Sensney at email@example.com for more details!
Second: If you would like to host a Parent or Kids Buy-In Party and are targeting a Spring Date to host, please connect with Audrey before February 28th!
5th Grade Parents - February is Your Month to Host Drive-Thru!
5th Grade Parents: Please help us this month in the Drive Thru line as we open doors and greet students while they are arriving at school. As in previous years, we are having each class level help out at the Drive Thru during specific months. We would appreciate 2-4 helpers each day. Can you help for 20 minutes in the morning, 7:40 - 8:00 am? If so, please sign up!
Click HERE for 5th Grade Drive Thru sign ups.
March, will be hosted by 4th Grade Parents! Stay tuned for the Drive-Thru sign up!
And all of the Walnut Acres Dads and Grandpas, remember that Fridays are for YOU! Come help out at Drive-Thru line. It’s an easy way to get involved in the school community!
Important Message! Please make sure to drive SLOWLY in our Walnut Acres School Zone.
* * * * *
Lunch Duty volunteers needed
The sign-ups for lunch duty volunteers have been extended through the rest of the school year. We need parents daily to help supervise students during lunch and on the playground to make sure they play safely, as well as assist in cleaning the tables between student lunch shifts. A sign-up for Wednesday shifts was also added on Konstella.*A reminder that to volunteer on campus, you must be fingerprinted, have a current TB test AND be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with your proof of vaccination on file with the office. TB tests are good for four years. Parents of 4th & 5th graders - it may be time to redo your TB test! The Minute Clinic at CVS Pharmacy on Bancroft Rd. does walk-in TB tests. For more information on volunteering check out the MDUSD website.*
* * * * *
SAY IT IN LIGHTS!
Support the PFC and put a smile on your child's face! For $25.00, the greeting “Happy Birthday ‘Your Child’s Name’” will be on display on the Walnut Acres' electronic Marquee from 7am-9pm on your date of choice. Click HERE to purchase.
The deadline for submitting an order is one week prior to your child's birthday.
Questions? Email Pat Mitsch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * * * *
Drive Thru safety reminders:
- For your safety there is NO pedestrian traffic thru/across the car line
- Pull up to a volunteer for assistance getting your student out of the car
- Do NOT get out of your car
- Have your child ready (goodbyes said, back pack ready) to exit curbside
- Do NOT go around other cars if you are "empty"
- Do NOT park in the drive thru line
Want to share your amazing pictures for the yearbook?
- Go to: www.hjeshare.com. Enter school code walnutacres
- Click "select images for upload". Click "Browse for Images".
- Locate our images, click on them, then click "Open".
- Enter the information for each image. Please include "grade(s) of students" and provide the teacher's name if known. For "student(s) shown", type N/A.
- Click "upload images"
The Yearbook team is searching for two people shadow and train to take over as yearbook leads for the 2022-2023 school year. If interested, please contact: email@example.com.