Hello Walnut Acres Families,
IT IS HERE - JAGUAR DAY 2020 IN VIRTUAL FORMAT! Even though it looks different this year, we still have the same enthusiasm that we always do for Jag Day! We hope you had a wonderful summer and are excited for the new school year. As we head into distance learning, please take a look at our Jaguar Day To-Dos listed below. Each step can be completed from your home.
1. Don't Forget to Update Your Aeries/Homelink Account
Please Note: These are the same instructions emailed to you from our Walnut Acres Office Manager, Galen Ryan, on Thursday, 8/6/20. This step is required before you receive your students' classroom assignments.
Current Families: You should have a parent account with access to your student(s) Aeries/Homelink Account. Log in at:mdusd.org/homelink.
New Families: Please come to the school office and show your identification (like a driver's license) to receive an Aeries/Homelink verification code. Office staff will be available 7:45 am - 3:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
Current & New Families:
Please complete the following steps:
- Complete the Data Verification
- Review and Authorize the documents provided
- Click on the 'Print New Emergency Card' link. Download and Save the Emergency card and email it to our school secretary, Yvonne Ortega at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Donate to the Jaguar Fund, PFC's Education Fund
The Jaguar Fund is the Parent Faculty Club’s primary source of funds to bridge the gap between public funding and the true cost of our children’s education at Walnut Acres. The suggested amount for the 2020-21 school year is $650 per child. Our goal is 100% participation by all families, and any amount you can give is appreciated.
Your donation to the Jaguar Fund will make a difference to Walnut Acres students during distance learning. This year, the majority of our funding will go towards Math and Reading Intervention Specialists, Science Lab Instructors, and our STEM Instructor and Site Tech, who will support our classroom teachers in effective distance learning. These staff members are making an active difference in your child's education, whether their learning is distance or in-person.
Does your company have an Employee Matching Gifts Program? This is another great way to support Walnut Acres! More details available on our website under Jaguar Fund.
Please help us bridge the gap for our students! Go to Jaguar Fund to make a one-time donation or to set up monthly payments. Donations to Jaguar Fund are 100% tax-deductible. If you prefer to pay by check, please mail your check to: Walnut Acres Elementary School, Attn: Jaguar Fund, 180 Cerezo Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94598. Questions? email: email@example.com.
Donate to Jaguar Fund: DONATE
3. Purchase Jaguar Spiritwear
Whether you choose to go with "Stay Calm & Jaguar On" or "ROAR", you can purchase Walnut Acres Elementary Spiritwear and share your Jaguar Spirit! We have T-Shirts and face masks and other fun items for both adults and kids. Go to: Purchase Spiritwear in Konstella. The last day to order spiritwear is August 31st.
4. Find Out More About PFC Programs & Activities: We may not have tables for you to visit in the quad with candy this year, but we've done our best to create a quick Virtual PFC Activities & Programs overview for you.
Still to Come:
- Teacher Assignments: You can expect to receive your teacher assignment today or tomorrow from Walnut Acres. Your teacher will provide you with a list of school supplies you might need for distance learning.
- Join Your Classroom on Konstella: Once teacher assignments are sent out, you will receive a reminder message for how to join your teacher's classroom in Kontella.
- Room Parents Needed: Expect an email this week to sign up to be a Room Parent for your student's teacher.
- Purchase Your 2020-2021 Yearbook: More information to come about how to purchase your yearbook. But here is a sneak peak into some of the details.
Our theme for this year is:"Upside Down, Turned Around and Virtual Bound 2020-2021"
Due to our current distance learning situation our yearbook will be more compact but still full of many memories from this coming year. Parent participation is a must to submit photos and have their student(s) participate in surveys as they come out to document this historical year.
- The price of the yearbook is $18.00 until December 31st.
- Starting January 1st, 2021 the price goes up to $22.00.
The Walnut Acres Parent Faculty Club