The Walnut Acres Recycle Club is dedicated to promoting sustainable practices on and off our campus. Our goals are the following:
- Lead the Recycle Club meeting for the 4th and 5th graders bi-weekly and the 2nd and 3rd graders monthly. Meetings will be hosted during lunchtime introducing sustainability concepts in a fun, positive way.
- Help supervise the kids in activities related to sustainability; i.e. poster making, goal setting, skit producing, game making.
- Helping to divert landfill by promoting use of recycling and compost on campus
- Helps to coordinate with teachers, staff and parents the recycle round-up schedules and lunch compost program
- Works alongside the coordinators of school-wide events to promote recycling and more sustainable approaches
- Works alongside teachers and room parents to promote more sustainable room parties and learning
- Fund-raising for the school; i.e. cans and bottle crv returns, spork pouch sales, etc.