[ Donations are still being accepted: www.wvpto.org/ddd ]
THANK YOU to all families who donated to our annual Direct Donation Drive! We ended the official campaign on April 30 with just over $90,000 raised, but it’s not too late to donate! The WVPTO will meet on May 27 to set the budget for the 2021-22 school year and additional donations will directly impact the programs and staff we are able to fund for the year. At a minimum, we hope to include the following in the budget:
- K-5 Art Program with certified Art Teacher ~ $35,000
- K-3 Music Program through the Community School for Music and Art ~ $20,000
- Recess 101 Coaching and Character Education Program ~ $40,000
- 4 Classroom Instructional Aides (providing Reading and Math Intervention, plus classroom help) ~ $80,000
- Additional hours for Librarian and Technology Media Specialist ~ $30,000
- $1,000 per classroom to be used for special projects/supplies ~ $18,000
As you can see, the budget exceeds our funds raised by more than 2x. If you have not already contributed, please consider donating to avoid cancellation of critical programs and staffing that benefit all of our students. Although the suggested donation amount is $500 per family with one student, plus $250 for each additional student at West Valley, every donation and any amount is appreciated and makes a difference.
Milestones: Art Party, T-shirts, and Camp Galileo!
To celebrate the funds we’ve raised so far, we have arranged the following:
- Save the Date: May 14 at 5pm is our Art Party! Ms. Sanchez will host an online Art Party that is open to all West Valley families! More details coming SOON!
- Wiley T-shirts for all! The WVPTO is pleased to celebrate raising 50% of our total fundraising goal with t-shirts for all students and staff! Information on distribution will be shared in the coming weeks.
- To $100,000 and beyond! We are SO close. When our total funds raised cross the $100k mark, we will celebrate with another Family STEM Night hosted by Camp Galileo! Donate today to help us earn this super fun reward!
How To Donate
The WVPTO is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. To donate, please choose one of the following options:
- Drop off a check payable to WVPTO: Print and complete the paper donor form, attach your check and make an appointment with the front office to drop off your donation on campus.
- Mail a check payable to WVPTO: Print and complete the paper donor form, attach your check and send to PO Box 2032, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
- Donate online via credit card: Fill out the online donor form and follow the link at the end to pay via secure credit card transaction. You may choose a one-time payment or an installment plan over a selected number of months.
- Corporate Match Program: Donate through your company’s corporate match program. This may be through a third party site such as Benevity, BrightFunds, EasyMatch, YourCause, etc. Please also fill out the online donor form so we can properly allocate your donation.
Corporate Matching is a great way to bring additional funds to our school at no extra cost to you. To find out more, please visit our Corporate Match page at www.wvpto.org/corporate-match-faqs or check with your employer’s HR department.