Dear West Valley Parents,
I hope you had an enjoyable and safe February Break! Now that school is back in session, we are kicking off our annual Direct Donation Drive, which funds approximately half of the West Valley Parent Teacher Organization’s (WVPTO) budget for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year. Money raised during last year’s campaign was used to help fund the following this school year:
- Three Classroom Instructional Aides - $53,000
- K-5 Art Program (including a certified art teacher hired exclusively for West Valley, various art materials and an upcoming ceramics show to display students’ artwork) - $34,000
- K-3 Music Program through the Community School for Music and Art (CUSD pays for 4-5 Music Program) - $21,000
- Materials and equipment to improve and maintain our Creative Lab (C-Lab) - $15,000
- Additional hours for our Technology Media Specialist (Tech Support & C-Lab Instruction) and Technology Infrastructure - $47,000
- Additional hours for our Librarian, library books and new classroom libraries - $50,000
- Reading & Math Intervention Materials - $19,000
- Student enrichment programs such as Project Cornerstone, Running Club and Valet
- Community events such as Family Science Night, Multicultural Night and Movie Nights
- Special events such as Author Assemblies and Eclipse Viewing Glasses
- And so much more!!!
100% of funding for the support staff positions and programs listed above, and more, are provided by donations from the West Valley parent community and corporate matches from many employers.
This year, our goal is to raise $125,000 and we need your help! Programs and staff for the upcoming 2018 - 2019 school year are fully dependent on the success of this Direct Donation Drive. The suggested donation amount this year is $450 per family with one student, plus $150 for each additional student at West Valley. Please donate what you can - every donation and any amount is appreciated! We are striving for 100% participation from all West Valley families.
To donate, please choose from one of the following options:
- Drop off a check payable to WVPTO (along with the attached donor form) in the WVPTO mailbox in the school office
- Mail a check (along with the attached donor form) to PO Box 2032, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
- Donate online via PayPal. You may choose a one-time payment or an installment plan over a selected number of months. New this year - an online donor form is available for online donations via PayPal. Instructions are available at www.wvpto.org.
- Donate via your company corporate match program (through a 3rd party site such as Benevity, BrightFunds, EasyMatch, YourCause, etc.) Check your internal company website or with your HR department for more info.
Corporate matching is a great way to bring additional funds to our school at no cost to you. Many local companies participate in corporate matching. To find out more, please visit our Corporate Match FAQs page or check with your HR department.
Donations are tax deductible (to the extent allowed by law). WVPTO is a registered 501(c)3 non profit organization. Our tax ID number is 46-5663137. A donation receipt will be provided.
Check out the large pencil banner located near the entrance to our school for weekly updates regarding our progress. If you have any questions, please contact Marissa Levy or visit us at www.wvpto.org. Thank you for supporting our wonderful school and kids!
Direct Donation Drive Coordinator