The annual West Valley Parent Teacher Organization Direct Donation Drive (WVPTO DDD) officially kicked off this past week! Funds raised by this direct ask campaign will be used to support approximately half of the WVPTO budget for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. Money raised during last year’s campaign was used to help fund the following at West Valley this school year:
- Materials and equipment to improve and maintain our Creative Lab (C-Lab) - $10,000
- Three Classroom Instructional Aides - $56,000
- K-5 Art Program, including a certified art teacher hired exclusively for West Valley, art program materials, multi-purpose portable display boards and our Spring Art Show to display students’ artwork (Thursday, May 23rd) - $41,000
- K-3 Music Program through the Community School for Music and Art (CUSD pays for 4-5 Music Program) - $21,000
- Additional hours for our Technology Media Specialist (Tech Support & C-Lab Instruction) and Technology Infrastructure - $40,000
- Additional hours for our Librarian, new library books - $14,000
- Classroom libraries, book carts and Readers Workshop materials - $30,000
- Recess 101 (Full-time coach dedicated to West Valley who runs activities daily during recess and lunch, as well as individualized instruction every other week for each classroom.) - $38,000
- Reading & Math Intervention Materials - $19,000
- Student enrichment programs such as Project Cornerstone, Running Club and Valet Program - $2,300
- Community events such as Family Science Night, Multicultural Night, Family Movie Night - $7,000
- And so much more!!!
This year, our goal is to raise $125,000 by April 12th and we need your help. Many programs for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year are dependent on the success of this campaign. The suggested donation amount is $450 per family with one student, plus $150 for each additional student at West Valley. Please donate what you can - every donation and any amount is appreciated and makes a difference. We are striving for 100% participation from current and incoming West Valley families.
WVPTO is a registered 501(c)3 non profit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our tax ID number is 46-5663137. To donate, please complete the donor form and choose one of the following options:
- Drop off a check payable to WVPTO (along with the completed donor form) in the WVPTO mailbox in the school office
- Mail a check payable to WVPTO (along with the completed donor form) to PO Box 2032, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
- Donate online at www.wvpto.org/ddd. You may choose a one-time payment or an installment plan over a selected number of months.
- Donate via your company corporate match program. This may be through a third party site such as Benevity, BrightFunds, EasyMatch, YourCause, etc. Check your internal company website or with your HR department for more details. Corporate Matching is a great way to bring additional funds to our school at no extra cost to you. A partial list of participating corporate match companies can be found here.
For weekly updates regarding our progress, check out the pencil banner located near the front entrance of our school. If you have any questions, please contact Marissa Levy (Direct Donation Drive Coordinator) at email@example.com or visit us at www.wvpto.org.
Thank you for supporting West Valley!