“Please donate as much as you are able to our direct donation drive. One of the things that makes West Valley such an amazing school is all the extras provided by our supportive PTO. These extras help to give our students a well-rounded education and help those students whose strengths lie in their creativity have a chance to shine.” – Mrs. Erikson, 1st Grade Teacher, WVPTO Board Member
If you have already donated to our campaign, THANK YOU for your support! As of today, we have raised just over $35,000 (almost 30%) of our $125,000 goal. We still have a long way to go with just TWO WEEKS left! This campaign goal only covers half of our significantly reduced annual budget of ~$250,000, so a fundraising shortfall will risk the financial reality of cutting programs that WV students have enjoyed for many years. If you plan to donate, doing so sooner than later is tremendously appreciated.
Here’s what West Valley staff members are saying about the programs and staff funded by your donations and the WVPTO:
“Enriching programs and after school community events make these early years for students filled with memories and give them a picture of how a community should function. Together, we can do great things!” – Mrs. Dabel, 5th Grade Teacher, WVPTO Board Member
Classroom Competition Update
Don’t forget – help us reach our fundraising goal of $125,000 by April 12 and your kid(s) will have a chance to win one of these cool prizes:
- The CLASSROOM with the highest % participation will win a Donut Party!
- The top three classes as of 3/28 are:
(1) Mrs. Erikson, (2) Mrs. Han, (3) Mrs. Peters
- The GRADE LEVEL with the highest % participation will win a Kona Ice Party!
- The top three grade levels as of 3/28 are:
(1) First Grade, (2) Third Grade, (3) Second Grade
- Finally, if our school reaches our $125,000 donation goal by April 12, all students of families that have donated to this year’s Direct Donation Drive will be entered into a random drawing. The prize??? One lucky student from each participating classroom will have the opportunity to THROW A PIE IN THE FACE of a teacher or Principal Lin at the April Community Gathering!
How to Donate
The suggested donation amount is $500 per family with one student, plus $250 for each additional student at West Valley. Please donate what you can – every donation makes a difference! We are striving for 100% participation from all current and incoming West Valley families.
The WVPTO is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. To donate, please choose one of the following options:
- Drop off or mail a check payable to WVPTO: Print and complete the paper donation form, attach your check, and drop it off in the front office or mail to: P.O. Box 2032, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
- Donate online via credit card: Fill out the online donation form and follow the link at the end to pay via secure credit card transaction. You may choose a one-time payment or an installment plan over a selected number of months.
- Corporate Match Program: Donate through your company’s corporate match program. This may be through a third party site such as Benevity, BrightFunds, EasyMatch, YourCause, etc. Check your internal company website or with your HR department for more details. Please also fill out the online donation form so we can properly record and allocate the donation(s).
If you have any questions, please contact the Direct Donation Drive Coordinator via the email address below or visit www.wvpto.org/ddd. Thank you for supporting our school!
WVPTO Board | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.wvpto.org | Tax ID: 46-5663137