WVPTO Direct Donation Drive: Your chance to win exciting prizes!
Wed, Mar 22 9:28pm

Thank you
to those who have already donated to the annual West Valley Parent Teacher Organization (WVPTO) Direct Donation Drive! Halfway through the campaign, we’ve raised $22,500 (or almost 20%) of our $125,000 goal. We have 3 weeks left to raise the remaining 80%!

Your donations help fund vital programs and support staff at West Valley such as: Art, Music, C-Lab, Recess 101, two Instructional Aides (along with one funded by CUSD), reading and math intervention materials, technology support and infrastructure, additional hours for our librarian, and various enrichment and student club opportunities (e.g. Project Cornerstone, Valet, Running Club, Math Club). We were also thrilled to be able to bring back many community events this year such as Movie Nights, Science Night, and Multicultural Festival. We need your help to continue to fund these programs for the 2023-2024 school year.

Classroom Competitions are Back!

We are excited to announce several school-wide competitions for this donation drive! Help us reach our fundraising goal of $125,000 by April 12 and your kid(s) will have a chance to win one of these cool prizes: 

  • The CLASSROOM with the highest participation rate as of April 12 will win a Donut Party for the entire class!
  • The GRADE LEVEL with the highest participation rate as of April 12 will win a Kona Ice Party!
  • Finally, if our school reaches our $125,000 donation goal by April 12, all students of families that have donated to this year’s Direct Donation Drive will be entered into a random drawing for a special fun opportunity (details coming soon)!

Participation rates are calculated as a percentage: number of donations out of the total number of students in each class or grade level. Every donation counts! Competition progress will be shared starting next week. (Early birds, don’t worry; all direct donations received since the beginning of the school year will be eligible for prizes.) Please tell your children about these exciting incentives and show your support by making a donation today!

How to Donate

The suggested donation amount is $500 per family with one student, plus $250 for each additional student at West Valley. Please donate what you can – every donation makes a difference! We are striving for 100% participation from all current and incoming West Valley families.

The WVPTO is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. To donate, please choose one of the following options:

  • Drop off or mail a check payable to WVPTO: Print and complete the paper donation form, attach your check, and drop it off in the front office or mail to: P.O. Box 2032, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
  • Donate online via credit card: Fill out the online donation form and follow the link at the end to pay via secure credit card transaction. You may choose a one-time payment or an installment plan over a selected number of months.
  • Corporate Match Program: Donate through your company’s corporate match program. This may be through a third party site such as Benevity, BrightFunds, EasyMatch, YourCause, etc. Check your internal company website or with your HR department for more details. Please also fill out the online donation form so we can properly record and allocate the donation(s).

If you have any questions, please contact the Direct Donation Drive Coordinator via the email address below or visit www.wvpto.org/ddd. Thank you for supporting our school!

WVPTO Board | fundraising@wvpto.org | www.wvpto.org | Tax ID: 46-5663137