Hi West Valley Families!
Welcome (almost) back! I hope you had a wonderful summer! As you know, tomorrow (Friday) afternoon class lists will be posted at the school. Kinder Kick Off will be from 2:30 - 3:00pm, a chance for both new kinders and their parents to meet their teacher and check out their classroom. Class Lists for Grades 1-5 will be posted at 3:00pm and Grade 1-5 teachers will be on hand from 3:00 - 3:45pm to meet you and your child. In addition, Kona Ice will be onsite selling treats from 2:45 - 4:30pm so bring some cash. As always, Kona Ice will donate 25% of tomorrow's proceeds to the WVPTO. We will also have Spirit Wear samples available to try on. You can order Spirit Wear online at http://www.wvpto.org/spirit-wear.html. A WVPTO table will also be set up to answer any questions you might have. And don't forget our Goodwill Fundraiser is going on from 10:30am - 3:30pm. All proceeds from this event will benefit the 5th Grade Science Camp Fund.
Now, the important stuff! Once you know what classroom(s) your child(ren) are in, please log into Konstella at some point over the weekend and do the following:
1. Reassign your child(ren) to their new classroom(s) by clicking here: https://www.konstella.com/app/settings/children. Click “Join Classroom” to assign your child to the new classroom and “Add Child” if you have a new child starting at WV.
2. Volunteer to be a Lead Room Parent or Room Parent for your child's class. Room Parents organize classroom parties and coordinate teacher appreciation events. The Lead Room Parent is the liaison between the classroom teacher and parents, and coordinates the efforts of the other room parents. For more info or to sign up click here: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees/5352deaee4b01f5e8e2345df
3. Volunteer to be a Walkathon Flag Maker for your child's class. Our annual Walkathon on October 7 will be a fun and festive event for the whole school community. As one of our Walkathon traditions, students take turns carrying their classroom flag around the track. We are seeking parent volunteers to make a flag for their child’s classroom. Specific instructions will be provided. For more info or to sign up click here: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees/53d3e60be4b024539c870132
4. Volunteer to be a Project Cornerstone Reader for your child's class. Each month, Project Cornerstone volunteers read selected books and lead classroom activities and discussions with a focus on respect, tolerance, peaceful conflict resolution, caring and friendship. Training, materials, and instructions are provided to allow volunteers to lead sessions with confidence! For more info or to sign up click here: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees/53e3082ce4b085daa146ae99
5. Please review the Committees you are currently signed up for and make any necessary changes by clicking on that committee link. Having accurate committee member info will help the WVPTO and committee chairs know what positions still need to be filled for this school year: Review/edit your current committees here: https://www.konstella.com/app/settings/roles
Questions about Konstella? Contact Marissa Levy (email@example.com) or Kristina Gibbs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions about being a Room Parent? Contact Louisa Chandran (email@example.com)
Questions about being a Walkathon Classroom Flag Maker? Contact Suzie Cheng (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions about being a Project Cornerstone Reader? Contact Sharon Rauenzahn (email@example.com)
Finally, don't forget our Welcome & Presentation by Principal Robinson and the WVPTO on Monday, August 14th at 8:10am in the GLC (multipurpose room).
Thank you for your help getting the year off to a great start!
WVPTO Communications Director