Hi West Valley Families!
Welcome (almost) back! I hope you had a wonderful summer! As you know, this afternoon class lists will be posted at the school. Once you know what classroom(s) your child(ren) are in, it is very important that you please log into Konstella and do the following:
1. Reassign your child(ren) to their new classroom(s) by clicking here: https://www.konstella.com/app/settings/children. Click “Join Classroom” to assign your child(ren) to their new classroom and “Add Child” if you have a new child starting at WV. This is very important as you will not receive classroom/grade specific news or emails from your room parents or WVPTO if your child is not linked to the appropriate classroom.
2. Review the Committees you are currently signed up for and make any necessary changes by clicking on that committee link. Having accurate committee member info will help the WVPTO and committee chairs know what positions still need to be filled for this school year. Please review/edit your current committees here: https://www.konstella.com/app/settings/roles
3. Volunteer to be a Lead Room Parent or Room Parent for your child's class. Room Parents organize classroom parties and coordinate teacher appreciation events. The Lead Room Parent is the liaison between the classroom teacher and parents, and coordinates the efforts of the other room parents. For more info or to sign up click here: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees/5352deaee4b01f5e8e2345df
4. Volunteer to be a Walkathon Flag Maker for your child's class. Our annual Walkathon on Saturday, October 6th will be a fun and festive event for the whole school community. As one of our Walkathon traditions, students take turns carrying their classroom flag around the track. We are seeking parent volunteers to make a flag for their child’s classroom. Specific instructions will be provided. For more info or to sign up click here: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees/53d3e60be4b024539c870132
5. Volunteer to be a Project Cornerstone Reader for your child's class. Each month, Project Cornerstone volunteers read selected books and lead classroom activities and discussions with a focus on respect, caring and friendship. Training, materials, and instructions are provided to allow volunteers to lead sessions with confidence! For more info or to sign up click here: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees/53e3082ce4b085daa146ae99
Questions about Konstella? Contact Marissa Levy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions about being a Room Parent? Contact Louisa Chandran (email@example.com)
Questions about being a Walkathon Classroom Flag Maker? Contact Suzie Cheng (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions about being a Project Cornerstone Reader? Contact Sharon Rauenzahn (email@example.com)
Finally, don't forget our Welcome Coffee & Presentation by Principal Bernstein and the WVPTO on Thursday, August 16th at 8:10am in the GLC (multipurpose room).
Thank you for your help getting the year off to a great start! Go Wildcats!
WVPTO Communications Director