Thu, Aug 18 9:07pm
Hi West Valley Families,
Happy First Day of School! We hope everyone had a fun first day with their new teachers and classmates. It was wonderful to see everyone back on campus yesterday to find out class assignments and kick off the new year. We hope you're having a great time meeting new friends and reuniting with old ones.
Now that you know what class your students are in, it is very important that you please log into Konstella and do the following:
1. Assign your child(ren) to their new Konstella classroom group. This is very important as you will not receive classroom/grade-specific news from your room parents or WVPTO if your child is not linked to the appropriate classroom.
- Go to https://www.konstella.com/app/settings/children or navigate to "Your Children" in profile settings.
- Click “Join Classroom” to assign your child(ren) to their new classroom.
- Click “Add Child” if you have a new child starting at WV.
- (From web browser only) Next to "Linked to Child", click "Invite More" to add another parent/caregiver so they don't miss out on WVPTO and room parent communications.
2. Volunteer to be a Room Parent for your child's class. Room Parents provide support to teachers, facilitate communication with families, and coordinate classroom parties & teacher appreciation plans. They are the liaison between the teacher and class parents. For more info or to sign up, go to: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees/5352deaee4b01f5e8e2345df
3. Volunteer to be a Project Cornerstone Reader for your child's class. Each month, Project Cornerstone volunteers read selected books and lead classroom activities and discussions with a focus on respect, caring, and friendship. Training, materials, and instructions are provided to allow volunteers to lead sessions with confidence! For more info or to sign up, go to: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees/53e3082ce4b085daa146ae99
4. Browse the full list of WVPTO Committees and decide where you'd like to get involved this year! No experience necessary for most positions - just a willingness to help and learn. After 3 unusual school years, half of the school is in the same boat. Join us in our rebuilding effort! Take a look here: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees
Do you know a new family starting at West Valley? If so, please share Konstella with them so they can receive news from the WVPTO and connect with the families in their child's class.
Questions? Contact WVPTO Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your help getting this new school year off to a great start! Go Wildcats!
- Tina Lee
WVPTO Communications Director
P.S. The Spirit Wear online store is open! See the attached flyer for more info on ordering a West Valley t-shirt or sweatshirt. Are you willing to learn the ropes on how to run this sale? We need someone to shadow the current lead in order to take over next year! Sign up through Konstella Committees.