Hi West Valley Families!
Welcome back! I hope your kids had a wonderful first two days of school. As you know, the beginning of the year is a busy time for everyone as we get settled into our new classrooms. Please don't forget to help us out by logging into Konstella and doing the following:
- Reassign your child(ren) to their new classroom(s) by clicking here: https://www.konstella.com/app/settings/children. Click “Join Classroom” to assign your child(ren) to their new classroom and “Add Child” if you have a new child starting at WV. This is very important as you will not receive classroom/grade specific news or emails from your room parents or WVPTO if your child is not linked to the appropriate classroom.
- Review the Committees you are currently signed up for and make any necessary changes by clicking on that committee link. Having accurate committee member info will help the WVPTO and committee chairs know what positions still need to be filled for this school year. Please review/edit your current committees here: https://www.konstella.com/app/settings/roles
- Volunteer to be a Lead Room Parent or Room Parent for your child's class. We have many classrooms with no room parents or only 1-2 so far. This is a very important roll which benefits your child and their class directly. Room Parents organize classroom parties and coordinate teacher appreciation events. The Lead Room Parent is the liaison between the classroom teacher and parents, and coordinates the efforts of the other room parents (typically 3-4 per class). We are still looking for a new Room Parent Coordinator, which oversees all the Room Parents at West Valley. For more info or to sign up for one of these roles click here: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees/5352deaee4b01f5e8e2345df
- Volunteer to be a Walkathon Flag Maker for your child's class. We still need flag makers for more than half of our classrooms! Our annual Walkathon on Saturday, October 5th will be a fun and festive event for the whole school community. As one of our Walkathon traditions, students take turns carrying their classroom flag around the track. We are seeking parent volunteers to make a flag for their child’s classroom. Specific instructions will be provided. For more info or to sign up click here: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees/53d3e60be4b024539c870132
- Volunteer to be a Project Cornerstone Reader for your child's class. Most of our classrooms are still in need of readers! Each month, Project Cornerstone volunteers read selected books and lead classroom activities and discussions with a focus on respect, caring and friendship. Training, materials, and instructions are provided to allow volunteers to lead sessions with confidence! We are still looking for someone to lead this committee as our previous leads are no longer at West Valley. For more info or to sign up click here: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/52ed386b03642fe28f2b79f5/committees/53e3082ce4b085daa146ae99
Questions about Konstella or being a Room Parent? Contact Marissa Levy (email@example.com)
Questions about being a Walkathon Classroom Flag Maker? Contact Amanda Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions about being a Project Cornerstone Reader or volunteering in general at West Valley? Contact Libby Shen (email@example.com)
Thank you for your help getting the year off to a great start! Go Wildcats!
Marissa Levy, WVPTO Communications Director
www.wvpto.org | firstname.lastname@example.org