The WGE PTA's annual Walkathon will be held on Friday, October 20th.
This activity is a healthy way for all children and families to make a positive contribution to our school. The money raised will go toward funding essential programs such as our very own Coach Ray, Music & Art, Schmahl Science, and so much more!
All students in the school will be participating in this fun activity by walking a designated course Friday afternoon while “rocking” to their favorite tunes! We are asking all our Rock Stars to help bring in pledges for their Rockathon participation. This is our ONLY pledge drive of the year. Please help your child get sponsors for this event by asking friends, relatives and business associates to sponsor your child. Our hope is that each child will be able to bring in a minimum of $75 in pledges. These donations may be tax deductible (pledge receipts are attached). The pledge form is included in this packet.
**Online pledges are especially great for asking relatives or friends to help support our school!! You can easily set up your child’s online fundraising page here: www.wgepta.org/walkathon
This year’s list of prizes:
- All students will receive a snack “prize” immediately following their participation in the Rockathon.
- $30 earns the student a mystery prize from a grab bag.
- $75 earns the student a ticket for a shopping trip to the Tiger Store.
- $150 earns the student a free dress day.
- $250 earns the student a shopping trip to Hicklebee’s to pick out a book of their choice.
- $500 earns lunch with Principal Knapp at Pizza My Heart.
- The 3 classes with the highest student participation (regardless of dollar amount) earn a popsicle party and a Lakeshore gift card for their teacher.
- The class that raises the most money ALSO earns an extra recess with Coach Ray.
- The student who raises the most money earns a $50 Petroglyph gift card.
- All donations must be turned in to your student’s teacher by Friday October 27th to be eligible for prizes.
- TK / Kindergarten classes do NOT walk laps; they will be playing games from 11:15 – 12:45. Volunteers will be needed to assist.
- 1st-5th grade parent volunteers will be needed to help set up, keep the peace, and cheer from 1:45pm-2:50pm.
Please email Kristen Stipe at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer and for more information.