Our Annual Rockathon/Walkathon is next Friday, October 18th @ 2:00pm
This activity is a healthy way for all children and families to make a positive contribution to the school. The money raised will go toward funding essential programs such as Music, Art, Schmahl Science, and so much more!
All students in the school will be participating in this fun activity by walking a designated course Friday afternoon while "ROCKING" to their favorite tunes! We are asking all our Rock Stars to help bring in pledges for their Rockathon participation. This is the ONLY pledge drive of the year. Please help your child get sponsors for this event by asking friends, relatives and business associates to sponsor your child. Our hope is that each child will be able to bring in minimum of $75 in pledges. These donations may be tax deductible. Pledge Forms and information are being sent home this week.
**Online pledges are especially great for asking relatives or friends to help support our school! You can easily donate to your child's fundraising page here: www.wgepta.org/walkathon
This year's list of prizes:
- All students will receive a snack "prize" immediately following their participation in the Rockathon
- $50 earns the student a ticket for a shopping trip to the Tiger Store
- $125 earns the student a Free Dress Day
- $250 earns the student a gift card to Hicklebee's to pick out a book of their choice
- $500 earns the student lunch with Principal Knapp at Pizza My Heart
- The 3 classes with the highest student participation (regardless of dollar amount) earns a popsicle party and a Lakeshore gift card for their teacher
- The student the raises the MOST money earns a $50 Petroglyph gift card
- All donations must be turned in to your student's teacher by Friday, October 25th to be eligible for prizes.
- TK/Kindergarten classes will be walking laps from 2:00pm-2:30pm. Parent volunteers will be needed to assist.
- Parent volunteers will also be needed to help set up, keep the peace, and cheer from 1:45pm-2:50pm.
Please email Julie Leif at email@example.com to volunteer and for more information.