If you are interested in learning more about WGE PTA programs and budgets, take a look at the budget we passed in August, which covers the 2019-20 school year. It's attached to this email and remains stored on Konstella at all times (click on Willow Glen Elementary at left on your desktop, then click on "More" above >> Files and Links >> 2019-20 Budget and download the Excel file.)
A couple of informational points:
- Because of our generous community, we are in the enviable position of being able to raise money one year that is spent the next. In other words, we have all the money we need to fund our programs, including a small surplus, at the beginning of the school year.
- Next year's program and capital budgets will be based on how much we raise this year.
- That means the income and expense lines *do not* match in our annual budget. This year's expense total matches (nearly) what we raised *last* year.
- We budget conservatively for both income and expenses.
- The budget changes from time to time, based on the needs of our community. We vote on these changes at our monthly meetings. If you'd like to know more, or participate in decisions about our budget, come to our meetings!
Let Treasurer Ben Towne or President Amy Kaiser know if you have any questions about PTA budgets or programs. They can be reached on Konstella.