Home and School officer nominations are now open for the 2018-2019 school year.
Open positions are Treasurer and Corresponding Secretary.
Term: 2 years
All positions, except Treasurer, may be held jointly.
Nominations are due by 3/5/2018.
Please fill out the attached E-form and e-mail to Julie Novia at email@example.com
DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS:
The Treasurer shall receive and disburse all monies of the Department in a timely manner and shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures. The treasurer cannot simultaneously hold another position on the Executive Committee. The Treasurer's responsibilities include:
- a) Presenting a statement of account at every meeting of the Department and at other times when requested by the Executive Committee and/or the President(s) or by the building principal;
- b) Presenting the budget for approval at the first meeting of the school year for which prior approval has been granted by the building principal;
- c) Ensuring that all necessary documents are available for the annual audit as coordinated by the MCC;
- d) Having accounts ready to be subject to an audit at any time, if deemed necessary by the Executive Committee;
- e) Responsibility for collecting all deposits and reimbursement requests for the Department. An itemized, original receipt or copy of the original receipt is required for all reimbursement requests that meet the requirements of reporting regulations per the Treasurer's Manual.
- f) Having the ability to sign checks for the Department along with at least one other Executive Committee member.
- g) Assist an incoming treasurer with budget preparations for the new fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
- h) Providing all requested financial records to the Treasurer of the MCC so as to ensure timely completion of filings.
- i) Adhere to all policies and procedures as stated in the Treasurers’ Guide.
The Corresponding Secretary shall conduct the correspondence of the Department and perform such other duties as may be designated by the Executive Committee.
At the end of their term, all Officers shall deliver to their successors all official material prior to the June meeting of the Department If there is no June meeting, material must be delivered by June 20th.