Fri, Sep 1 7:38am
All volunteers in the Methacton School District are required to obtain volunteer clearances.
Follow this link to the Methacton website information page:
Procedures for Becoming an Approved Methacton Volunteer
- Complete the on-line “Volunteer Registration Form” and print a copy to submit with your completed volunteer packet.
- Submit requests for the following two clearances to the appropriate agencies (DO NOT mail clearance request forms to the school.):
- Act 34 - Pennsylvania Criminal History Background Check
- Act 151 - Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE NOT RESIDED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA CONTINUOUSLY FOR A PERIOD OF 10 YEARS BEFORE REGISTERING WILL ALSO NEED TO OBTAIN AN FBI CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORD (select Pennsylvania Dept. of Education).
- Volunteer Affirmation Form - Those who have resided in the State of Pennsylvania for a period of 10 years or more at the time of registration do NOT need to obtain an FBI Criminal History Record check, but must instead download, sign, and submit this Volunteer Affirmation form.
- PLEASE NOTE: Clearances cannot be more than 1 year old from the date we receive them.
- Contact Methacton School Nursing Coordinator Cheryl Peiffer at 610-489-5000, ext. 25040 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to obtain a TB screening. Testing appointments are available for Monday, Wednesday with re-checks (48 hours later) on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. You may have the TB test done by a school nurse for free, or by your family physician or local clinic at your own cost. You will need to provide the TB test results with your clearances.
- Completed and printed the online Volunteer Registration Form
- Obtained the PA Criminal History Background Check and PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Completed the FBI Fingerprint Check (<10 years residing in PA) OR printed and signed the Methacton Volunteer Affirmation Form (>10 years residing in PA).
- Obtained proof of a negative TB test from a doctor, clinic,or Methacton school nurse.
- DO NOT MAIL OR DROP OFF YOUR CLEARANCES AT THE DISTRICT OFFICE. Please take your paperwork to any one of the district's school offices. A district employee will scan the documentation for district files and return the originals to you. Please retain your originals and keep them in a safe place.
Once your paperwork has been received by the District, the Board of School Directors will need to approve your request to be a volunteer in the Methacton. This will be done at the next scheduled regular board meeting typically held on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Please note: we do not send out notifications regarding the status of your paperwork/approval. You will be contacted only if there is a problem with your paperwork. To check on the status of your approval, please call any of the district's school offices.