WOODLAND WEEKLY HAPPENINGS
Home and School Officer Nominations - now open for the 2018-2019 school year! Open positions are Treasurer and Corresponding Secretary. Term is 2 years. All positions, except Treasurer, may be held jointly. Nominations are due by March 5, 2018. Please fill out the attached E-form and e-mail to Julie Novia at email@example.com
The nominations for office will be read by the nominating chair and discussed at the upcoming March 7th meeting. The election will be held during the April 4th meeting and open for vote by the general membership.
DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS:
The Treasurer shall receive and disburse all monies of the Department in a timely manner and shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures. The treasurer cannot simultaneously hold another position on the Executive Committee. The Treasurer's responsibilities include:
- a) Presenting a statement of account at every meeting of the Department and at other times when requested by the Executive Committee and/or the President(s) or by the building principal;
- b) Presenting the budget for approval at the first meeting of the school year for which prior approval has been granted by the building principal;
- c) Ensuring that all necessary documents are available for the annual audit as coordinated by the MCC;
- d) Having accounts ready to be subject to an audit at any time, if deemed necessary by the Executive Committee;
- e) Responsibility for collecting all deposits and reimbursement requests for the Department. An itemized, original receipt or copy of the original receipt is required for all reimbursement requests that meet the requirements of reporting regulations per the Treasurer's Manual.
- f) Having the ability to sign checks for the Department along with at least one other Executive Committee member.
- g) Assist an incoming treasurer with budget preparations for the new fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
- h) Providing all requested financial records to the Treasurer of the MCC so as to ensure timely completion of filings.
- i) Adhere to all policies and procedures as stated in the Treasurers’ Guide.
The Corresponding Secretary shall conduct the correspondence of the Department and perform such other duties as may be designated by the Executive Committee.
Dining Out - We Invite the Family & Friends of Woodland Elementary School to Dine with us at Chickie’s & Pete’s. Tuesday, March 13th, from 5pm - 10pm. Stop by and support Woodland Elementary! Please present the specially printed voucher to your server when seated, as this is required for Woodland to receive credit for the sale. Donation is 10% of food sales (excludes alcohol, tax & gratuity). **Not valid with any other discounts or coupons. Located at 675 Shannondell Blvd. Audubon Pa 19403
Spirit Wear Discounts!
For the entire month of March, use coupon code Lion2018 and receive 15% off the entire site. No minimum order required. Visit www.yourstartingineup.com/Woodland
All items can be customized with a school logo, your name, and more. All sales benefit your child's school. All items are custom and take 2-3 weeks for delivery. Please contact Nicole Rittenhouse (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
A Message from our Principal
We had a great Read Across America celebration. Thank you for your participation.
Third and fourth grade parents: Please look out for important PSSA information that went home on Thursday. Testing dates: 4/9, 4/10, 4/11 for ELA, 4/16 -4/17 for Math, 4/23-4/24 Science (4th gr. only). Please, make sure your children are in school, well rested, and get a good breakfast. More information to come.
There has been a lot of traffic in the front of the building during the morning for orchestra, band, and chorus rehearsals. Please use patience and DO NOT PASS ON THE LEFT.
Kindergarten registration is at Woodland from 3/12 - 3/16 in the lobby.
Spring Book Fair will happen the week of 3/12/18 during your child's library class.
Woodland's Art Show and Family Book Fair is 3/13/18 at 5:00 pm. Stop by and see the amazing art work and all the great books for sale.
Woodland is amazing!
A Message from Mrs. Ehmer
We are collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society during the month of March. Your child will get a collection box to take home, we ask that children ask parents if they want to put their own money in the box. Otherwise, we encourage students to do chores in exchange for money to put in the collection box. All boxes are due at the end of March.
Thank you for your donations to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!
- 3/7 H&S Meeting 9:15 AM (Woodland LGI)
- 3/13 Chickie's and Pete's Audubon dining out night
- 4/4 H&S Meeting 7 PM (Woodland Library)
- 4/6 Father Daughter Dance 6:30-8:30 (flyer attached)
- 4/19 Pizzeria Uno dining out night
- 5/11 Woodland’s Variety Show
- 6/5 Fun Fair (Rain Date 6/6)