Science Fair - This Wednesday, February 21, from 6:30-8:30. Students registered for the Science Fair will be displaying their findings. Anyone not participating is welcome to attend and learn some new and exciting science facts!
Family Gym Night - This Friday, February 23, from 6:30-8:00. This is a school sponsored event. Flyers went home last week. Registrations are required. Come join your friends for a night of fun activities!
Home and School Officer Nominations - now open for the 2018-2019 school year! Open positions are Treasurer and Corresponding Secretary. Term is 2 years. All positions, except Treasurer, may be held jointly. Nominations are due by March 5, 2018. Please fill out the attached E-form and e-mail to Julie Novia at email@example.com
DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS:
The Treasurer shall receive and disburse all monies of the Department in a timely manner and shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures. The treasurer cannot simultaneously hold another position on the Executive Committee. The Treasurer's responsibilities include:
- a) Presenting a statement of account at every meeting of the Department and at other times when requested by the Executive Committee and/or the President(s) or by the building principal;
- b) Presenting the budget for approval at the first meeting of the school year for which prior approval has been granted by the building principal;
- c) Ensuring that all necessary documents are available for the annual audit as coordinated by the MCC;
- d) Having accounts ready to be subject to an audit at any time, if deemed necessary by the Executive Committee;
- e) Responsibility for collecting all deposits and reimbursement requests for the Department. An itemized, original receipt or copy of the original receipt is required for all reimbursement requests that meet the requirements of reporting regulations per the Treasurer's Manual.
- f) Having the ability to sign checks for the Department along with at least one other Executive Committee member.
- g) Assist an incoming treasurer with budget preparations for the new fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
- h) Providing all requested financial records to the Treasurer of the MCC so as to ensure timely completion of filings.
- i) Adhere to all policies and procedures as stated in the Treasurers’ Guide.
The Corresponding Secretary shall conduct the correspondence of the Department and perform such other duties as may be designated by the Executive Committee.
BoxTops – Remember to send in your BoxTops! Our next submission is March 1st.
Dining Out - We Invite the Family & Friends of Woodland Elementary School to Dine with us during the Month of February!
A 20% Donation of the total Food Sales will be made to the School.
* *Mention Woodland Elementary School to your Server for Promotion* *
Spirit Wear Discounts!
Check out the amazing Woodland spirit wear merchandise! Woodland apparel is available for purchase at www.yourstartingineup.com/Woodland. All items can be customized with a school logo, your name, and more. All sales benefit your child's school. All items are custom and take 2-3 weeks for delivery. Please contact Nicole Rittenhouse (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Like our Facebook page! Special codes are sometimes posted just for FB followers: https://www.facebook.com/StartingLineupSchoolandSportsAttire/
The Woodland Variety show is coming on Friday, May 11! Volunteers are needed to ensure the show is a success. Please sign up to volunteer via Konstella!
A Message from our Principal
No School on Monday! Take some time to enjoy your family!
Please check out the school’s web page. The new Woodland Pledge is on Woodland’s home page! This was a true TEAM effort!
Don’t forget to send back the Book Swap information that our Reading Specialist, Mrs. Julie Tyson, sent home. We are looking forward to a fun reading event on 3/2/18!
Thank you for all the parents that either came in or sent items in for 2/14 festivities! The day was a success!
It’s hard to believe we have been in school for 102 days already! I can’t wait to see what the next 78 days bring!!
Stay happy and healthy!
- Dining Out – The Valley Forge Tavern hosts Woodland the entire month of February (flyers coming home this week)
- 2/21 Science Fair 6:30-8:30
- 2/23 Family Gym Night 6:30-8:00 (school sponsored. Flyers come home this week)
- 3/2 Book Swap (during school, flyer attached)
- 3/7 H&S Meeting 9:15 AM (Woodland LGI)
- 3/13 Chickie's and Pete's Audubon dining out night
- 4/4 H&S Meeting 7 PM (Woodland Library)
- 4/6 Father Daughter Dance 6:30-8:30 (flyer attached)
- 4/19 Pizzeria Uno dining out night
- 5/11 Woodland’s Variety Show