WOODLAND WEEKLY HAPPENINGS ~ FEBRUARY 25-MARCH 3
Home and School Officer Nominations - now open for the 2018-2019 school year! Open positions are Treasurer and Corresponding Secretary. Term is 2 years. All positions, except Treasurer, may be held jointly. Nominations are due by March 5, 2018. Please fill out the attached E-form and e-mail to Julie Novia at email@example.com
The nominations for office will be read by the nominating chair and discussed at the upcoming March 7th meeting. The election will be held during the April 4th meeting and open for vote by the general membership.
DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS:
The Treasurer shall receive and disburse all monies of the Department in a timely manner and shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures. The treasurer cannot simultaneously hold another position on the Executive Committee. The Treasurer's responsibilities include:
- a) Presenting a statement of account at every meeting of the Department and at other times when requested by the Executive Committee and/or the President(s) or by the building principal;
- b) Presenting the budget for approval at the first meeting of the school year for which prior approval has been granted by the building principal;
- c) Ensuring that all necessary documents are available for the annual audit as coordinated by the MCC;
- d) Having accounts ready to be subject to an audit at any time, if deemed necessary by the Executive Committee;
- e) Responsibility for collecting all deposits and reimbursement requests for the Department. An itemized, original receipt or copy of the original receipt is required for all reimbursement requests that meet the requirements of reporting regulations per the Treasurer's Manual.
- f) Having the ability to sign checks for the Department along with at least one other Executive Committee member.
- g) Assist an incoming treasurer with budget preparations for the new fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
- h) Providing all requested financial records to the Treasurer of the MCC so as to ensure timely completion of filings.
- i) Adhere to all policies and procedures as stated in the Treasurers’ Guide.
The Corresponding Secretary shall conduct the correspondence of the Department and perform such other duties as may be designated by the Executive Committee.
BoxTops – Remember to send in your BoxTops! Our next submission is March 1st.
Book Swap – This Friday, March 2nd! All students in Grades K through 4 are invited to participate. Please bring in one gently used book that you have already enjoyed. Please remember that the book must be age-appropriate for someone in your grade. Since you will be swapping, you will not get your original book back, but you can choose a different book to keep. Paperbacks are preferred!
Please submit the attached form and your book to swap to Mrs. Tyson by Monday, February 26, 2018. Questions? Please contact Mrs. Tyson at (610) 489-5000 ext. 43414
Dining Out - We Invite the Family & Friends of Woodland Elementary School to Dine with us during the Month of February!
A 20% Donation of the total Food Sales will be made to the School.
* *Mention Woodland Elementary School to your Server for Promotion* *
Spirit Wear Discounts!
Check out the amazing Woodland spirit wear merchandise! Woodland apparel is available for purchase at www.yourstartingineup.com/Woodland. All items can be customized with a school logo, your name, and more. All sales benefit your child's school. All items are custom and take 2-3 weeks for delivery. Please contact Nicole Rittenhouse (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Like our Facebook page! Special codes are sometimes posted just for FB followers: https://www.facebook.com/StartingLineupSchoolandSportsAttire/
A Message from our Principal
This weather is unbelievable! It’s hard to tell exactly what season it is.
When you are dropping your children off, please do not pass on the left. It is a dangerous practice. This includes early morning rehearsal drop offs in the front of the school.
Thank you for all those who participated and/or came out to the Science Fair this week. It was a huge success!
We had an amazing assembly on Thursday where we saw true Native American dancers. This is in line with our school focus of respecting everyone’s culture and uniqueness.
We will be doing fun reading activities on 3/1 and 3/2 to celebrate “Read Across America.” Please make sure you have turned in your Book Swap information! Please contact your child’s teacher if you need the forms again.
The PSSA’s will begin on 4/9 for 3rd and 4th grades. They will last for three weeks for fourth graders (ELA, Math, and Science) but only two weeks for third graders (ELA and Math). We will only be testing for two or three days each week. Please make sure your children are in school and well rested. More information will be coming within the next few weeks.
Thank you for your constant support.
- Dining Out – The Valley Forge Tavern hosts Woodland the entire month of February (flyers coming home this week)
- 3/2 Book Swap (during school, flyer attached)
- 3/7 H&S Meeting 9:15 AM (Woodland LGI)
- 3/13 Chickie's and Pete's Audubon dining out night
- 4/4 H&S Meeting 7 PM (Woodland Library)
- 4/6 Father Daughter Dance 6:30-8:30 (flyer attached)
- 4/19 Pizzeria Uno dining out night
- 5/11 Woodland’s Variety Show