Lunch Duty Expectations:
Thank you for volunteering for lunch duty! We really appreciate your help, as it will allow the teachers to enjoy a few moments to eat their own lunch!
A few quick pointers:
- Please sign in with the front office and let them know you are volunteering for lunch duty.
- Introduce yourself to the other volunteers.
- Divide and Conquer
- We are asking all lunch volunteers to help out as needed around the cafeteria. Although we understand that most parents are going to want to spend time with their own child and near his/her class, please be sure that all tables are getting adequate coverage.
- The cup system is being used again this year. Each class comes to lunch with a basket that includes a set of cups (Red and Green). The first 10 min. of the students’ lunch the table starts on red. This is to encourage the students to eat and have enough time for their food to digest before recess. After the first 10 min. the cup can be switched to green. IF you feel at any time the table is getting too loud or rambunctious you may turn the cup to red if they need to be completely silent.
Your duties may include:
- Assisting the children with opening milks or food packages as needed
- Monitoring general behavior and alerting the teachers with any problems.
- Teachers are eating in the cafeteria at the same time and still responsible for their class. They should be notified if you feel there is an issue that needs their attention.
- Spraying and washing the tables upon a class’ departure
- Sweeping the floors as needed
- Encouraging the children to eat
- If you feel it is getting too loud please don’t hesitate to use a “teacher” voice and ask them to use their inside voices or ask the classroom teacher for assistance. Switch their cup to red if need be.
The times are listed below if you are trying to schedule your shift to overlap with your child's lunch time.