There is a flurry of PTA events next week as we wrap up the bulk of our programs and events for this calendar year. I know that we've thrown a lot at everyone lately, but we need your help over the next week and a half prior to taking a two month pause. Here are the items that I would like to highlight:
- Bubble Run - The Bubble Run (Jog-a-thon) is our main fundraiser each year. Its no secret that de Portola does not receive the same level of funding as other schools in our district, so our PTA needs to fill this gap by funding classroom programs such as Art Masters, Reading Counts, Raz Kids, etc...while also purchasing equipment such as computers and copy paper. This year we are also looking to leverage the Bubble Run proceeds to fund the buildout of our Science lab, while potentially purchasing items such as a 3D Printer, Ozobot programmable robots and an additional programmable drone kit. The goal will be to continually expose our kids to the latest technology and prep for the new Science standards and curriculum coming our way in the coming years. Please support your children's efforts in securing pledges for this event, as our success will directly impact the quantity and quality of enrichment programs we offer.
- Book Fair - Our annual Book Fair will be taking place next week in Room 29 in the portables. Our Book Fair not only helps put popular books in the hands of our kids, but it also puts our proceeds back into the classroom via discretionary funding for teachers. We still need a large number of parent volunteers to help work the event next week...please help us by signing up for one or two timeslots via this link:
- Family Picnic - We will be having our annual Fall Family Picnic next Tuesday Nov 14th on the field behind the school during your student's lunch time...Kindergarten families are welcome to join us after dismissal. Check the Konstella Calendar entry for lunch timeslots by grade. The Book Fair will be open before, during and after the picnic, so please stop by...and don't forget to pack a lunch and look for Kelsey handing out free Otter Pops!
- Attached please find the November edition of the PTA Newsletter, thanks as always to Rachel Miller and her mom for putting this together. And as noted in the newsletter, thanks to everyone who contributed to Trunk or Treat and Monster Mash this year. Special thanks to Brigitte Sunseri for the planning/execution of the Trunk or Treat event, all the Trunk or Treat parent volunteers, the 6th grade parents working the snack bar, Mrs Call and the PTA Board members working the doors, and to Kristen Gallegos for leading the efforts on decorating the MPR and securing the Photo Booth vendor. We had a massive turnout and the bar has been raised significantly for next year.
- Due to Thanksgiving recess, our monthly PTA meeting will be moved up one week to next Tues Nov 14th at 7:00 pm in the MPR. There will be no meeting in December.