We’re excited to invite you to the Second Annual Scholastic Book Fair! Hosted by our School Home Association (SHA) in collaboration with our teachers and staff, this event is an opportunity for students of all ages to build their home libraries and further their love of reading.
The Book Fair will take place in two parts:
- April 24-28: Student In-Class Shopping
- April 29 from 9am-3pm: Family Book Fair & Literacy Fest
The week of April 24-28, each child will have the opportunity to shop with their classmates during the school day. Using funds collected by SHA, your child will walk away with one book of their choosing. Amazing! You can contribute to SHA’s book-for-every-child fund by adding money to the SHA’s Scholastic eWallet (electronic account). We estimate $10 per book/child. Donate here! Any leftover monies will be used for literary purposes benefitting Breakthrough.
On April 29, the school will be opened to the Breakthrough community for the Family Book Fair to purchase books, enjoy literary delights, and celebrate reading. This year, we’re partnering with the Learning Cove to host a literary fest with programming for adults and kids. In addition to author readings, a children’s librarian from Takoma Park Library will be onsite to help sign families up for library cards and give away books. Tentative schedule is below but check Konstella to get updates.
Family Book Fair Schedule (Saturday, April 29)
- 9 am – Book Fair opens (stop by for shopping and family activities)
- 11 am – Literacy Fest begins
- 12 to 1 pm – Children’s librarian onsite
- 3 pm – Book Fair & Family Day concludes
If you can’t make it to the Fair on Saturday, you can still shop at our school’s Online Book Fair. All orders ship directly to your home, and shipping is free for book orders over $25.
Visit our Book Fair Homepage to learn more and access online shopping.
- Donate here (suggested $10 per child, or more to support others)
- Sign up to volunteer on Konstella or email Book Fair Co-Chairs Meghan Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ruby Sheikh (email@example.com)
We’re excited to celebrate our love of books together and look forward to seeing you there!